Christmas Songs

roboticanary

Alright people, what are your favourite christmas songs, I swear we're far enough into december for it to be ok to bring this up.

as for me, 'I believe in father christmas', 'stop the cavalry',  and 'feliz navidad'.

honourable mention to 'all together now', which is not really the mood for a christmas party but is beautiful and just the best.

p.s. if you argue for 'all i want for christmas is you' I will reach through your computer screen and set fire to your lungs

16 hours ago, roboticanary said:

p.s. if you argue for 'all i want for christmas is you' I will reach through your computer screen and set fire to your lungs

Lol. Actually I like the rythm of the song and Mariah Carey's voice, but I do admit the lyrics do not sweet my aro side.

I like "Vive le vent" (French version of Jingle bells) and "Petit Papa Noël". For both I mainly know the chorus only, but they are so iconic in France, we learned them when we are young, that's the first thing I think about when someone says "Christmas song".

I heard Feliz Navidad and I thought it was a good song!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, roboticanary said:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. It's overplayed, and as a show choir kid I've had to sing and dance to it a GAZILLION times over in Christmas shows. I do like Mariah Carey's voice, but there are so many songs that more accurately represent the holiday season. 

My favorites are anything by PTX (Mary, Did You Know gives me chills every time) and the whole Boney M. Christmas Album (Mary's Boy Child?? A BOP.)

Also, one of my fave a Capella groups, Home Free, also has a new Christmas album out and it's amazing! (Especially Cold Hard Cash, Christmas in L.A and What We Need Is Love!) 

One Christmas song I can't stand is the First Noel. Being named Noelle is great, except when I meet any person, their automatic response is "Wait, like the first Noel?" Long story short, it gets annoying.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a fan of "Thank God It's Christmas" by Queen and "Carol of the Bells" performed by the Trans-Siberan Orchestra. After living abroad for some years now and going home for Christmas every year to be with family and friends, "I'll be Home for Christmas" has become a favorite, especially hearing them in the airports. 

• Like 1

On 12/5/2020 at 7:21 PM, roboticanary said:

Never liked that song much either, but this new cover by Bear Ghost actually makes me kind of like it. Still don't care for the lyrics, but this is more interesting to listen to, plus I just love Bear Ghost.  

6 hours ago, Erederyn said:

"Carol of the Bells" performed by the Trans-Siberan Orchestra.

That's always been my favorite, that and A Mad Russian's Christmas, also by Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I got to play it at a Christmas concert once and that only made me love it more because it's a lot of fun to play. 

Spoiler

Edited by Skylord
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Skylord said:

That's always been my favorite, that and A Mad Russian's Christmas, also by Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I got to play it at a Christmas concert once and that only made me love it more because it's a lot of fun to play. 

Reveal hidden contents

That is a good one, would love to play this in an orchestra! 

• Like 2