Hello :D

Hi! I'm María, I'm 17 and I am from Spain (so I apologize if my English is bad, it's not my first lenguage ?).

I realized I was definitely not romantic about...4 days ago...haha... And I have spent those 4 days binge reading AVEN and watching youtube videos to learn the different romantic orientations in the aro spectrum to see with which one I identify. At first I thought I was lithromantic, because I've had crushes before, but I am definitely not comfortable in a romantic relationship. But then I realized that maybe those "crushes" were not really "crushes". I mean I convinced myself that I was heterosexual until 2 years ago, and I turned out to be homosexual, so maybe the same happened with my romantic orientation and it was not romantic attraction but aesthetic attraction mixed with the happiness of the idea of being in a relationship, which everyone seems to think is so fantastic and "the goal". So now I think that I'm aromantic, but that's why I decided to join arocalypse! ?

I know it's gonna take a while until I discover and process who I am, but it's good to know that I'm not the only one who feels this way and I'm not a weirdo ?

Welcome to Arocalypse! :icecream::softserve: 

It's confusing finding out what your orientation is but hopefully this is the place to do it :) 

(And your English is really good!)

Hello and wellcome

I also been going back and forth with labels and currently just identified as aro/aro-spec (short for spectrum)

my problem has been the same that im unsure of my chrushes been really chrushes or squishes I feel its hard to tell the difference.

Welcome! Firstly, your English is really good and secondly, if this stuff confuses you then this is the place where no one has a problem with that. Thirdly, you're not a weirdo at all because the world is weird for setting dumb standards and finally, here's some ice cream :icecream:

11 hours ago, Nowhere.girl said:

Hi! I'm María, I'm 17 and I am from Spain (so I apologize if my English is bad, it's not my first lenguage ?).

I realized I was definitely not romantic about...4 days ago...haha... And I have spent those 4 days binge reading AVEN and watching youtube videos to learn the different romantic orientations in the aro spectrum to see with which one I identify. At first I thought I was lithromantic, because I've had crushes before, but I am definitely not comfortable in a romantic relationship. But then I realized that maybe those "crushes" were not really "crushes". I mean I convinced myself that I was heterosexual until 2 years ago, and I turned out to be homosexual, so maybe the same happened with my romantic orientation and it was not romantic attraction but aesthetic attraction mixed with the happiness of the idea of being in a relationship, which everyone seems to think is so fantastic and "the goal". So now I think that I'm aromantic, but that's why I decided to join arocalypse! ?

I know it's gonna take a while until I discover and process who I am, but it's good to know that I'm not the only one who feels this way and I'm not a weirdo ?

Welcome! It's OK if you don't pick a specific label to describe your place on the aromantic spectrum. We're happy to have more people with whom to enjoy ice cream!

Archived