Aromantic moments video part 2

About half a year ago I made a compilation video consisting of scenes from movie and tv with aromantic themes. I would like to make another. If I get enough suggestion of scenes to include. I could possibly also include written medium, or possibly a song, I'm willing to experiment a bit with what to fit together.

I hope you will help me with suggestions of specific scenes to add. Let me know the title (and episode number for tv show) plus the approximate time the scene is (a picture of the scene can also be helpful).

Here's the first video

ETA: It doesn't have to be English. I'll add some subtitles if needed.

Edited by Holmbo
  • Like 2

I'm gonna put in one of the suggestions from @Emerald Cheetah of RWBY that I didn't include in the last one. Overall there seems to be a lot of headcannon (and even some official canon) in different animes but I've barely seen any so I don't know any scenes that would be good. Suggestions would be great.

@nonmerci you had a lot of great suggestions last time. Anything new you've seen since then?

@boba @Kate Bishop best arrowace @Finn @horriblegoose @Kadence @questdrivencollie I've seen you post about headcanons in that thread recently. Any suggestion of specific scenes or quotes?

Soo Won from Akatsuki No Yona is confirmed aromantic, but it's a manga (so I don't know how nice it'll look/flow in a video.) I've linked the most recent 'evidence' scene and then a Tumblr post that has the rest. The Tumblr post has subtle SPOILERS and it's actually hoping that SooWon isn't aromantic. So I don't really agree with them, but they did a good job of collecting and showcasing the evidence to imply that SooWon is aro.

http://manga-kakalot.com/chapter/akatsuki-no-yona-191.5/1?page=5

https://freewilllife.tumblr.com/post/157271788292/soo-won-and-romantic-relationships

• Thanks 1

I have some thoughts but I have to look for the scenes.

I canon Jo from Little Women as aro (due to the fact that she only gets a husband at the end because the author was pressured to), but I haven't seen any movies, I read the book, so I don't know if there is any aro scene in it (probably when she rejects Laurie?).

I also see some aro scenes with Jean in the show Sex education. I don't think the character is aro, it seems she is more afraid of engagement. But there is a episode where she really sounds aro allo to me (or I imagine, I'm not allosexual) : getting upset because her "boyfriend" is taking place in her house, the classic "friend with benefits is catching feelings on you". If you are interesting I can look for the episodes and the scenes that I am thinking about.

• Thanks 1

Thanks @boba and @nonmerci
I think a comic could work fine, but manga is a little more tricky since people might read the talk bubbles in the wrong order. Would it be ok if I flip the pages so the bubbles read from left to right? Or is that sacrilege? ?

Thanks for reminding me of Little women. The recent movie have a scene which is very aro which I had forgotten about.

I'm thinking about going a little bit wider in this second video and allow some stuff that is not necessarily from arospec characters. Mostly cause I really want to include part of the Guy love song from Scrubs, even if the characters are both allo it's just such an aro song. So even if Jean is not aro there might be some aro feeling scene.

@treepod do you have any scenes from good omens? I saw you mention it in another post.

Edited by Holmbo

I've never seen someone flip the order, so I can't say that it's sacrilege. But I also wouldn't advise flipping text.

However! What I have seen people do is separate the panels, and then play them one after another, sequentially. It's a lil bit more editing, but if you're up to it!

On 5/26/2020 at 3:51 AM, boba said:

I've never seen someone flip the order, so I can't say that it's sacrilege. But I also wouldn't advise flipping text.

However! What I have seen people do is separate the panels, and then play them one after another, sequentially. It's a lil bit more editing, but if you're up to it!

Yeah I would have to rewrite the text in that case. But I realized that might instead get confusing to those used to manga :P
I have another solution in mind though.

• Like 1

Here I am again!

So, I couldn't find videos, but the episodes are on Netflix.

Season 2, episode 4, at 2.05 : when Jean woke up and realizes the things of her boyfriend are everywhere in her chamber. I didn't remember it was so short though, but I think it can be fun if you can edit with some text explaining what she has in mind. Also, at 3:20, in the same idea, she asks him to take his things. However, my favourite scene is in the next episode, at 15:33 (well, 16:00 exactly but the scene stats there), when she shouts at him that his is everywhere and she has no place for her... (I didn't remember it ended with her saying she kissed her ex-husband though). Again, as I said, it is more "she is afraid of commitment" than "she is aro allo", but I suppose some aro must feel invaded like that when the friend with benefit becomas a boyfriend.

Also, while searching, I realized season 2 episode 4 was the episode were they explain what asexuality is. So of course, it is ace and not aro, but in the scene that begins at 45:45, Jean says that some ace falls in love, some other doesn't. If it can be used.

Finally, I am watching Anne with an E (very good show), and there is this scene in the episode I just finish, season 2, episode 4, 42:09. Also, non of the character are aros, and I don't know how it will evolve. That's a scene between Anne and Matthew, her adoptive father. And what he says to Anne then is so sweet and against amatonormativity as it places familial love on the same level as romantic love.

Don't know if that fits, but I hope so.

@nonmerci I'm laughing at the scene in sex education because the partner is played by Mikael Persbrandt, a very famous Swedish actor. The reason he's so famous here is because he sucks at English so he never went to do movies abroad unlike every other Swedish actor.
He's most famous role is playing a very angry dirty mouthed cop in the 90's-00's :D

Edited by Holmbo

It's finished!
@boba what do you think of my reading aid for the manga :D If I was really ambitious I would have edited out the bubbles too, but oh well.
@nonmerci I had the breakup scene from sex education in also but YT wouldn't allow me to upload that one.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Holmbo said:

It's finished!
@boba what do you think of my reading aid for the manga :D If I was really ambitious I would have edited out the bubbles too, but oh well.
@nonmerci I had the breakup scene from sex education in also but YT wouldn't allow me to upload that one.

It looks good! 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I can't believe I haven't seen these yet! They're great! I've never seen pacific rim and it's honestly a bit ridiculous how affected I was by that scene. It was so cute! We really need to see more types of intimacy in films.