First Kiss

This is a question for all you aros who have been in intimate relationships or have been intimate with another person.

Do you remember your first kiss?

I was in one real relationship and it lasted two and a half years. During that time, I know I kissed the girl I was with hundreds of times but I can’t remember my first one. I remember pretty much every other first in that relationship except for that one. I wanted to know if that was an aro thing or me/that relationship thing. 

• Like 1

every first kiss i had was incredibly awkward and unmemorable, even though they were fairly normal kisses by standard? i dont recall feeling gross because of the kiss itself, but rather that i was kissing someone,, ?

i remember the bare bones of my first kiss w/ my first long-term boyfriend (if 6 months could be considered long, it felt that way lol) & he was also my first irl (i had only dated long-term thru long distance up into this point) romantic relationship. anywho, the kiss......... it was sudden, awkward for me, and i remember literally thinking “is that it? we must've not done it right because i felt literally nothing.” 

i remember then getting home and not even telling my roommate & best friend because i was so displeased with the fact that it had happened, lol. i really am missing most of the memory, tho, so maybe it is an aro thing? esp w first kisses :/ i j kno how it happened ?

• Like 4

I remember mine. It was terrible, because it was both our first times, but also we were very physically into each other so it was extremely fun. She's also the only person I've ever kissed/dated/slept with, though, and our relationship has changed a lot since then (for instance: we're no longer dating because I'm greyro af and she is not).

• Like 2

I remember mine. A girl who was my friend told me she liked me and I thought well why not. I hated it. I had no idea how a relationship should work. we kissed once and the next day I told her I just wanted to be friends. I felt rally uncomfortable because she told me that she liked to look at my butt. :(

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

My first boyfriend had to ask me to kiss him. 

Yeah, I know, probably not so cool, but I wanted to take it slow, and by slow, I meant never, so if he wanted one he had to ask. Also, I wouldn't open my mouth and he had to ask.

Honestly, I'm happy he asked, bc it would've been way worse if he just came in for the kill. 

I don't look back on it too fondly, but not because of the kiss itself, I don't think, but the romantic milestone it indicated. I don't want to be in a relationship again, and remembering my first one puts a bitter taste in my mouth. ?

• Like 2

I remember rather vividly mine. It was night, and we just finished eating at a restaurant. I knew that they would go for the kiss way before it happened cuz all the romo movies I saw and knowing they where a romantic person, so I had a bit of a window to prepare myself. Now, this has been my only relationship and I still did not know about aromanticism so I was super super curious of how it would feel and would play out. It was a quick peck, it was my very first kiss and I felt nothing special. No butterflies, no high, nothing, it was just a quick exchange of saliva. To not make feel bad the other person I faked a performance and told they that it was special and I had liked it. Truth be told, I did not dislike it, but neither did I like it, it was just another activity, like writing or reading.

Looking back at it, that event should have been a clear sign that romance wasn't for me. But the problem is that I wanted it to work so bad, because it was my first relationship and it was supposed to be something special (yeah not my greatest moment nor the most rational one but I wanted to feel normal for once in my life).

• Like 2

ohh man.  yup.  it was with my first and only boyfriend.  we were 17.  we'd already been dating for a couple weeks and i guess i'd been avoiding it.  we were on my couch, we'd finished watching something, i sensed him looking at me and i purposely kept looking forward lmao i wasn't exactly sure what was up but i was uncomfortable, as usual.  then he kissed me on the cheek and i was like, ok fine, so i turned and kissed him.  i guess i was like, if this is happening, it's gonna be as non-romantic (ie sexual) as possible, so it was like full-on making out.  i remember after he left i was like, ok that was cool.  when we kissed normally, like a quick kiss goodbye or whatever, i was not so thrilled.  because i perceive that as romantic/perfunctory.  these respective feelings are still the same, but now i understand and accept them.  since then, i've just made out with a few guys, including him again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Peck on the lips kissing? that kissing was always a friendly thing or a game to me. I played kissy-chasey as a kid so then it probably means my first kiss was my friend's older brother? or a girl from my school class maybe? total guess here....

aw, now I remember my first open mouth kiss was a game too....actually the circumstances are a bit creepy if I try explaining them, so I won't. 

For some reason I remember enthusiastically making out with a friend's elbow during a game of spin the bottle after we had wrestled and he'd coped a feel, so I guess that is my first 'drunk kiss'? The rest of that night is a bit blurry

First kiss to someone I was actually attracted to happened in a pool. Luckily it was a mainly salt-water pool so it had a lower chlorine content but it still tasted so gross. 

I don't know if these count as relationship kisses unless you factor in that I was friends with them when it happened and we later went on to continue being friends or dated without kissing or eventually did sexual stuff with or without kissing.

• Like 1