General site suggestions

Robin

On 1/27/2023 at 10:04 PM, KoconutBounty said:

oki thanks

update

I have increased the sizes a bit

as i said, i dont want to remove the limit completely but the total file size per post is now upgraded to 750kb max

honestly for the sort of images we get here that should be absolute overkill, for total storage space that has also been bumped up a bit.

as a random suggestion: you should probably ditch the "4.6.10 default" theme bc it's not right (it's blue, the logo is non-existent, etc.)

i am aware that "green" themes solve his problem eay peasy but i see  no point in keepin the default theme when the green ones are obviously the ones that everyone uses anyways

4 hours ago, A User said:

as a random suggestion: you should probably ditch the "4.6.10 default" theme bc it's not right (it's blue, the logo is non-existent, etc.)

that theme has no changes made by us, honestly i am going to keep it around because if any updates mess up our custom themes that one should still work, and allow people to at least access the site until i work out what is going wrong and fix it. hopefully it will never be needed but I will at least keep it around.

• Like 1

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this but couldn't see a better place. 

Why when I reply to two different people within a short timeframe does it merge the replies. I quoted one person to respond to them and then another person with a completely different thing and it merged the replies and I couldn't see a way to separate them. I just feel like when I am replying to one person my response should be a separate message to the person I just replied to.

I assume this is a coding thing to reduce the load on the servers by reducing the amount of data associated with an individual message but wanted to check and ask why it does this even when I quote two separate people.

6 hours ago, Ravensplat said:

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this but couldn't see a better place. 

Why when I reply to two different people within a short timeframe does it merge the replies. I quoted one person to respond to them and then another person with a completely different thing and it merged the replies and I couldn't see a way to separate them. I just feel like when I am replying to one person my response should be a separate message to the person I just replied to.

I assume this is a coding thing to reduce the load on the servers by reducing the amount of data associated with an individual message but wanted to check and ask why it does this even when I quote two separate people.

I think it is because inside one conversation, you can quote different people to talk about the same thing.

If you want to make a separation, you can do it with the quotes themselves, or create a border with something like that :

--------

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ravensplat said:

i think there is a setting somewhere which merges responses to the same topic if they are done within a certain timeframe, so if i reply, then reply again within a few minutes the comments merge.

I dont think i can have this as sometimes on but off for quotes but once i find where it got to i should be able to see what i can do with it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, roboticanary said:

i think there is a setting somewhere which merges responses to the same topic if they are done within a certain timeframe, so if i reply, then reply again within a few minutes the comments merge.

I dont think i can have this as sometimes on but off for quotes but once i find where it got to i should be able to see what i can do with it.

I don't mind it being on. Just need to put some stuff like -------- between messages just in case. Was mainly curious why it was done this as I don't see it done on most of the other forums I'm on

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/5/2023 at 11:23 AM, A User said:

i am aware that "green" themes solve his problem eay peasy but i see  no point in keepin the default theme when the green ones are obviously the ones that everyone uses anyways

personally I use this theme. The green one is okay, its just a bit busy imo

• 2 weeks later...

This is likely a software issue that admins can't address, but...

I've noticed if someone is logged in and posts anonymously, if they edit a post, then it completely defeats the purpose of being anonymous, because the edit is then marked "edited by [username]". Is there a way to fix this or maybe an appropriate place to report the bug to?

Edited by hemogoblin

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2016 at 12:52 AM, DeMorgan said:

You should change the icon that goes with the site's name in the browser tab to something more aesthetically appealing (i.e. not square). See AVEN for an example. I'd suggest something like this, which is already an accepted symbol among the aromantic community.

gambling website?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Atypique said:

What's the difference between the frog badges and the ranks ?

in theory, nothing

if you get a particular rank you should get a frog badge to go with it, just because that seems nice. whether ive got things working exactly right with that is another question.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I suggest to not have topics from miscellaneous show up in the recent topics (if it's not too much work to change it). Because game threads which are very easy to comment on shows up a lot on the list of recently commented posts, and they kinda crowd out the other threads.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Holmbo said:

I suggest to not have topics from miscellaneous show up in the recent topics (if it's not too much work to change it). Because game threads which are very easy to comment on shows up a lot on the list of recently commented posts, and they kinda crowd out the other threads.

That seems a good idea, I'll take a look at that.