aromantic culture

Guest πŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ€πŸ–€
On 3/20/2020 at 11:37 AM, Kirakira said:

Β 

Hunters of Artemis, because arrows and FREAKING ETERNALLY AROMANTIC HUNTERS GOING AROUND AND BEING THE COOLEST PEOPLE EVER

Β 

I πŸ’š this!! I’m a huge Greek Mythology nerd (I call it β€œgeek” mythology) and I’ve always loved Artemis and her hunters! I think they’re so cool, and it’s even cooler to be able to relate to them now that I identify as grayromantic (and bi).

yep, blankets are definitely aro, I'm in favour of that.

6 hours ago, Holmbo said:

It's because they make us not need anyone else's body heat.

I like this reasoning. By this logic I think hot chocolate is aro, and maybe mint hot chocolate is really really aro

• Like 4

On 5/17/2022 at 11:03 PM, pulchritudinous_toast said:

"Yeah, I hug my pillow every night because I'm so desperate/longing/yearning for a bf/gf/partner lolz"?

But... I hug my pillow at night because its comfy. Dont give away my pillow! πŸ˜‚ I tend to hug it even when somebody else is in bed with me!

Can we please have trumpet be the aro instrument?

My reasoning is, trumpets are typically quite loud so they wouldn't be the best instrument to romantically serenade someone with.

- an aro trumpet player

• Like 3

Anything but a muted trumpet, please. Although "horn" sounds better, as in "the horn that signalled judgement day or resurrected the deceased". Either doesn't sound particularly romantic.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, nik said:

My reasoning is, trumpets are typically quite loud so they wouldn't be the best instrument to romantically serenade someone with.

I like this reasoning. But if we are thinking about what not to serenade someone with I think the kazoo is a far more aro instrument

• Like 3

On 5/21/2022 at 5:47 PM, roboticanary said:

I like this reasoning. But if we are thinking about what not to serenade someone with I think the kazoo is a far more aro instrument

No need to limit ourselves to just one aro instrument. How about drums?

• Like 1

On 5/24/2022 at 12:16 AM, nik said:

No need to limit ourselves to just one aro instrument. How about drums?

Yes, especially one you use in a marching band. Like a big one you wear by your stomach.

Smaller drums can be more romantic I think. Like bongo drums I would not consider aromantic.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Badger for the Aros said:

Adding onto the aro instrument bit, I feel like violas are the aro string instrument. Yes it's small, but the different range with lower strings and higher strings makes is totally not romantic.

I don't know... it still looks a lot like a violin. I would argue contrabass is more aro.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, roboticanary said:

hang on, when you wrote this i got it confused with the contrabassoon.

maybe they are both aro instruments.

I think all brass instruments qualify.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2022 at 3:47 AM, Holmbo said:

I don't know... it still looks a lot like a violin. I would argue contrabass is more aro.

Ahh, I see your point, you are correct. I apologize, I did not realize that, nor did I realized the fact that I have befriended an aro contrabass. Accept my deepest apologiesΒ 

• Haha 1

On 6/2/2022 at 4:54 PM, roboticanary said:

hang on, when you wrote this i got it confused with the contrabassoon.

maybe they are both aro instruments.

I feel like almost any large instrument could qualify. Like, I don't know how I'd feel about someone trying to serenade me with a tuba.

• Like 1

Paaaaaaan de piiiiiipaaaaaas

4c730e82588187bba3572a082af07794.754.0.0.0.wmark.63d56445.jpg

(I have no idea how they're called in english tbh)

Context: This is just a weird obsession between me and my only arro friend irl

Edited by YqB
Adding some context to the post
  • Like 1

On 6/15/2022 at 6:00 PM, dewy said:

I feel like almost any large instrument could qualify. Like, I don't know how I'd feel about someone trying to serenade me with a tuba.

Tuba is a brass instrument so that's already covered. I'm trying to think of big non brass instruments but all I can think about now is piano which I don't think is ours.

On 6/28/2022 at 12:36 AM, Holmbo said:

Tuba is a brass instrument so that's already covered. I'm trying to think of big non brass instruments but all I can think about now is piano which I don't think is ours.

Bass clarinet, some types of saxophones (although they make me think of careless whisper so i don't know)

I saw an aroring in a documentary for like 2 seconds and Iβ€˜m not even sure that it was an aroring but hell it almost made me cry (in a positive way)

representation is so so so important

need more aro culture out there :D

• Like 1