Greetings, humans!

Hi guys!
Well... after being linked to this site on Tumblr, I decided to join! Figured it might be useful, 'cause I've been going through a hell of a lot of questioning my romantic orientation. Suppose it'll be useful to talk with some other arospec people about that. :)

A bit about me:

- Completely obsessed with science fiction

- Robots and computers are awesome

- Star Trek and Doctor Who are awesome

- Technically my orientation is asexual demi-panromantic with a preference, but I just go with gay ace because that's easier to explain

- Out to my friends and some family as gay

- Out to no one IRL as non-binary (androgynous)

- I do lots of LGBTQ+ advocating

- I write stuff too (mostly sci-fi)

- I have synesthesia, misophonia, dermatillomania, and various phobias

- I like using Photoshop

Gosh, that's an awful lot of info. Looking forward to getting to know some of you guys! ;)

4 hours ago, peridotty said:

welcome, welcome! have some ice cream :icecream:

science fiction is really cool & im a big fan too :o do you have a favorite subgenre?

hope to see you around the forums!

Thanks, all!

Favorite sci-fi subgenre... I'd have to go with speculative. What about you?

30 minutes ago, Sentient Android said:

Thanks, all!

Favorite sci-fi subgenre... I'd have to go with speculative. What about you?

ooooo spec fic is Good. honestly? im a huge sucker for Space Things and Time Travel Things (whether it makes sense or not :P) but im not sure what thats called!

2 hours ago, peridotty said:

ooooo spec fic is Good. honestly? im a huge sucker for Space Things and Time Travel Things (whether it makes sense or not :P) but im not sure what thats called!

Heheh, I like that stuff too.

Welcome to Arocalypse! I also try to make LGBT+ activism a part of my life, though I've found that most people tend to not care about issues unless they're personally affected by the issues...

9 hours ago, omitef said:

Welcome to Arocalypse! I also try to make LGBT+ activism a part of my life, though I've found that most people tend to not care about issues unless they're personally affected by the issues...

That is true... but most of what I do is more along the lines of awareness. For example, my GSA didn't know what "aromantic" meant until I defined the term for them. :P

51 minutes ago, DeMorgan said:

Oooh, what type? Everyone who has it seem to have different variations on it.

Uh... many types. xD :P Grapheme-color, spatial sequence, OLP, chromesthesia, smell-color... the list goes on. I wrote some stuff about it here....

Archived