Aromantic Life Simulator

Louis On Air

So there's that joke "I went outside once, the graphics were great but the gameplay was awful," and so how about using this idea of describing reality with video game jargon but as an aromantic?

I'll start...

I don't why everyone's so confused just because I didn't get the Relationship DLC, I didn't get it because I'd never use it.

I still haven't figured out the right text options to shut people up once I've explained aromanticism, any help?

The aromantic mod allows either of these modes (you can choose one mode per person, it is disabled by default) :

- romantic interactions are permanently disabled ;

- probability of autonomous romantic interactions is decreased (choose the probability of your choice in settings) ;

- romantic interactions are locked at first, they can be unlocked only after a number of previous friendly interactions (choose the number of interactions in settings).

5 minutes ago, Blue Phoenix Ace said:

Why would you ever take Lover as a sub-class? Necromancer is so much more useful on the battlefield.

I agree! Why would you ever even download romance DLC? It makes you susceptible to the Lover class! What a disadvantage! Can't you see that the invulnerability of Aromantic mod is so much easier to fight with?

37 minutes ago, Spud said:

I agree! Why would you ever even download romance DLC? It makes you susceptible to the Lover class! What a disadvantage! Can't you see that the invulnerability of Aromantic mod is so much easier to fight with?

It must be because it's way too OP ;)

So you know that situation when the neighbour's cat dies, and the grim reaper comes out and there is a bit of shocked "Ugh! Chee Naga! Choowhoo! Ugh!" but anyway, this is an appropriate time to make small talk, so one thing leads to another and "Ah,van vesua! Cummunus nala". Then lets just face the wall and walk a bit, pretending to be stuck. This way one can convince the Grimmy thing that the character customization and game strategy is up to its standards, and therefore it has its true match. Then there is a bit of "O vwa vwaf sna", the grim reaper is into that sort of intellectual depth, so it decides to fraternize with his clients.

The whole thing is strange and slightly disturbing, but hey, it happens to quite a few people. Anyway, I'm more concerned about the 6 cm tall shoebox that prevents me from using my own bathroom. Oh dear.

5 hours ago, 46odnetnin said:

With the new update everyone's spamming love potions on each other and I'm over here like

giphy.gif

Love potions? I got rid of all of those because they didn't do anything when i drank them. Waste of inventory space if you ask me.

• 2 months later...

Well, I've got the "Romance" DLC installed, but I haven't played Life vanilla, so I'm not exactly sure which quests are from the DLC or from the main game. I lost the manual, and I can't figure out how the attraction and love mechanics work. I've looked it up online, but apparently those mechanics are different each time you start a new game. I've done some side quests that seemed to be pretty romance-y; they started well, but I couldn't get the good ending and the endings were lackluster. I might try some of those types of side quests again someday, but I'm avoiding them for now because they've left a bitter taste in my mouth so far.

Archived