Loveless?

alto

I have recently come to realize that even if I never have another partner of any kind (romantic, platonic, alterous, etc) I would still probably be ok and happy in my life.  Does this make me loveless?  I don't think it makes me aplatonic, I still get squishes.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/26/2022 at 6:14 AM, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

From what I understand (correct me if I'm wrong), being a loveless aro has more to do with rejecting the concept of "love" in any form than it does with partnerships

What do you mean with rejecting? Not experiencing it?

I don‘t fall in love. I sure „love“ my friends, but I refuse calling it love. I‘d NEVER say „I‘m aro ‚but‘ I love my friends“… When i talk about aromanticism, I say that in my case it means that I don‘t fall in love or I say that I don’t experience love. When people talk about love in general I use to say, this doesn‘t affect me/let’s me out bc I am aro. People use to tell me „yeah but you do/can love your friends“…. I hate this bc I feel like they just distract from my arones

So I use to refuse their objections and I don‘t like it when people argue about „love is love“ with „platonic love exists too“ (not only bc I know aplatonic persons exist but also bc it feels like people refuse to reflect about being aromisic) when aros say it lets us out. Bc it clearly does

so I kinda „reject“ the concept even if I experience it… does this make me loveless/allows this to use the term or is it for aplatonic people?

Edited by Acecream
  • Like 1

On 6/13/2022 at 1:43 PM, Acecream said:

What do you mean with rejecting? Not experiencing it?

I don‘t fall in love. I sure „love“ my friends, but I refuse calling it love. I‘d NEVER say „I‘m aro ‚but‘ I love my friends“… When i talk about aromanticism, I say that in my case it means that I don‘t fall in love or I say that I don’t experience love. When people talk about love in general I use to say, this doesn‘t affect me/let’s me out bc I am aro. People use to tell me „yeah but you do/can love your friends“…. I hate this bc I feel like they just distract from my arones

So I use to refuse their objections and I don‘t like it when people argue about „love is love“ with „platonic love exists too“ (not only bc I know aplatonic persons exist but also bc it feels like people refuse to reflect about being aromisic) when aros say it lets us out. Bc it clearly does

so I kinda „reject“ the concept even if I experience it… does this make me loveless/allows this to use the term or is it for aplatonic people?

yeah its a wide term. could mean apl, could mean feeling disconnected from love, no love, rejecting the personal use of the term, etc.

• Like 2

On 5/25/2022 at 4:45 PM, alto said:

I have recently come to realize that even if I never have another partner of any kind (romantic, platonic, alterous, etc) I would still probably be ok and happy in my life.  Does this make me loveless?  I don't think it makes me aplatonic, I still get squishes.

You might find the label nonpartnering applicable

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Holmbo said:

I don't really understand why we even need a word for people who do or don't get squishes, but that's a side note

I think it is because at dome point, there were a "we don't love romantically but we have squishes / we still love our friends our have QPRs" logic. I don't see it that much these days, but that could be cause I'm on arocalypse and not on things like tumblr or twitter. So the aros who don't feel that way needed a term to be more visible.