Superpowers and side effects

Arsenic

• 3 weeks later...

The power never does what you want, so it is very easy to mess things up (like, imagine breaking gravity and that everyone in earth floated to space and died).

I can solidify liquids. Doesn't look like a cool power? Imagine figting against a villain who solidifies your blood. Bam, dead.

• 1 month later...

You get more time by freezing time for everyone but yourself at will, but to do this, you siphon seconds from someone else's life, so they will end up dying earlier. You cannot pick your victim of your time vampirism, and if you freeeze time for too long, you may find a loved one has passed once time resumes.

I have telekinetic abilities.

You can control plants! Sadly, due to their inability to communicate with other humans and their distinct lack of muscles, you can only really ask them how their day was.

I am instantly brilliant at any sport I try.

You can talk to any animal you see! They can't talk back to you, or understand you, though, sadly. Unknowingly, you have given yourself the same power everyone else in the world who can speak has.

I can finish assignments perfectly and within ten minutes of having been given them

14 hours ago, AromanticAardvark said:

But they take forever to complete, and you always get bored.

I have infinite, limitless motivation to study for my math exam (and finish my final project)

upon completion you are bedridden twice the amount of sleep you lost, on top of what you regularly need. meaning if you lost 4 hours one night 8 is added to your typical sleep, and so on. better not be on a deadline.

i have wings i can fly with at any time

Your wings are gigantic in order to lift you, so you can't put on a shirt ever again, they keep bumping into things, and you can't go out in public because you have giant un-hideable wings

I have the power to travel infinite distances in very little time, and take anyone with me

You can hear really well, to the point where you can hear things that you shouldn't be able to otherwise - like the sound of the sun, which is like a constant chainsaw sound everywhere you go, except much, MUCH louder. There is nothing you can do to drown out the noise.

My power is I have the power to think of a power not already mentioned here.

• Like 1

You have a pet frog that joins you in your quest to fight crime, being excellent with a bow and arrows. However, one day, your froggy pal is tricked, and they end up shooting you in the chest fatally, putting an end to both your quest and your life.

My power is I can get anyone to talk truthfully about anything.

4 minutes ago, Deltalorian said:

You have a pet frog that joins you in your quest to fight crime, being excellent with a bow and arrows. However, one day, your froggy pal is tricked, and they end up shooting you in the chest fatally, putting an end to both your quest and your life.

Honestly, still good with that.

You can, but now you cant be the slightest bit dishonest about anything. Good luck with that.

My power is that I never get forum posts confused.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know about that. I mean, sleep is an important aspect of life, at least for humans. You spend around a third of your life asleep. Even if it were possible to avoid it completely I don't know whether it would be good or useful. It might even lead to a situation where people are just expected to work longer because you don't need sleep, y'know?

Wait, what forum is this again?

I wish the negative side effects of all my previous posts were undone.

• Haha 1