A-spec words in your language

Holmbo

What are aromantic and asexual called in your language? Or in some other language you know?

In Swedish it's called aromantisk och asexuell. 

You could also share other a-spec related words.

• Like 1

In Hebrew it's ארומנטי (aro-man-ti) for masculine aromantic, ארומנטית (aro-man-tit) for feminine aromantic, אמיני (a-mi-ni) for masculine asexual and אמינית (a-mi-nit) for feminine asexual.

In Polish it's;

Aromantyzm/Aromantyczność for aromanticism

Aromantyczny (male)/aromantyczna (female) for aromantic

Aseksualizm/aseksualność for asexuality

Aseksualny (male)/aseksualna (female) for asexual

There is not a word for QPR but you can describe it as (queer)platoniczny związek

There also isn't a word for QPP or Zucchini. Oh well. That's probably because most people in my country don't even know that asexuality and aromanticism actually exist. 

• Like 1

In French it is kinda the same as it is aromantique and asexuel.

But I like that we have a distinction between asexuel (no sexual atteaction) and asexué (not having sexual organs). Though some people still confuses the two, it is less confusing than in English where asexual have both meaning.

• Like 1

In german it’s 

aromantisch for aromantic, the german noun is Aromantik

asexuell for asexual, Asexualität for asexuality 

I’m not sure if there is a german phrase for qpr (I think you’d just say qpr), but you could translate it into “queerplatonische Beziehung”

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 6:55 PM, nonmerci said:

In French it is kinda the same as it is aromantique and asexuel.

But I like that we have a distinction between asexuel (no sexual atteaction) and asexué (not having sexual organs). Though some people still confuses the two, it is less confusing than in English where asexual have both meaning.

Plus the added difficulty of "la sexualité" and "l'asexualité" sounding absolutely the same...

"Non-sexualité" probably imply something different.

• Like 1

Yes, true about la sexualité and l'asexualité. I forgot that but it can become confusing.

Non-sexualité would be more for abstinence I guess. Or maybe for someone who is completely outside the concept of sexuality.

You have already said it in swedish but in esperanto (a failed world languge) the word for aromantic is aroma ( wich  also means aromatic) but i dont know about ace tho

In spanish is asexual, same as english, and asexualidad for asexuality. For aromantic it would be arromántico if reffering to male, arromántica for female and if nonbinary you can say arromántice. Aromantism would be arromanticidad.