Good description of marriage

I was watching Master of none on Netflix. The show itself is not aro at all, lots and lots of romance, but this imagined wedding scene cracked me up and I think you'd like it. In show it's longer, I couldn't find a clip that included the vows.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

• 2 years later...

I like weddings and I'm not cynical about romance at all, but for myself I would mostly just want it to be a commitment ceremony with a big party and lots of food and dancing and nice clothes. I don't care if it's romantic. And I wouldn't spend more than $6000. Why spend like $50,000 on one day when I could save about $15k and have a fun, but not overly complex, formal party with our favorite people and go on a two-week luxury vacation at a fancy hotel in a foreign country with my best friend?

Edited by Finn
  • Like 6

• 2 months later...
On 11/12/2020 at 1:24 PM, El011 said:

I like weddings and I'm not cynical about romance at all, but for myself I would mostly just want it to be a commitment ceremony with a big party and lots of food and dancing and nice clothes. I don't care if it's romantic. And I wouldn't spend more than $6000. Why spend like $50,000 on one day when I could save about $15k and have a fun, but not overly complex, formal party with our favorite people and go on a two-week luxury vacation at a fancy hotel in a foreign country with my best friend?

Wise words, dude.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2020 at 7:54 AM, El011 said:

big party and lots of food

Best thing is 'half catering' big parties. You supply some food/drink then ask everyone coming to make something to bring. People can surprise you with their skills and tastes. All my parties work this way ?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

living together with said partner but not signing any legal documents or combining assets incase things don't work out. living our own lives and not spending every single second together or making our lives revolve around just each other.... (I don't like the idea of marriage or tying myself down to one person for the rest of my life)

• Like 2