2018 New Years Resolutions

Apathetic Echidna

For my New Years resolution I will......

1. come out to at least 2 more of my friends (because I was planning to do it about 2 weeks ago but didn't). 
  2. finally give the birthday present that has been sitting at home to the friend I started it for 3 years ago. 
  3. do something to celebrate aromantic day/week! Hopefully with friends! 

along with the usual: drink less, eat healthier, get a better job blah blah buy a Mushi-shi box set blah blah maybe get a new piercing blah blah :)

Travel! I've never been out of the country and have only just barely been out of the province. Finally got my passport, so I'm gonna make myself venture forth at least once in 2018. 

Reconnect with friends in Toronto and get more involved in my hobbies.

Take English riding lessons.

Get a snake. 

1) Get a new job. Hopefully a less stressful one. Ideally something in a museum.

2) Go to a spa (never had a spa day before).

3) Make more of an effort to make friends (I make this resolution every year).

4) Make a list of all the films I've been meaning to watch, and watch all of them. :)

2 hours ago, Skittles87 said:

1) Get a new job. Hopefully a less stressful one. Ideally something in a museum.

2) Go to a spa (never had a spa day before).

3) Make more of an effort to make friends (I make this resolution every year).

4) Make a list of all the films I've been meaning to watch, and watch all of them. :)

This list is actually very similar to mine! :) As well as these, this year I want to write more letters, and do more things that make me happy.

13 hours ago, NullVector said:

Make sure you stick to this one ;) (I watched it recently and thought it was excellent) 

I've seen some episodes and really liked it! Hopefully I can find a collectors box of something floating around

13 hours ago, Phobe said:

That should be fun! would that possibly expand to future 3-day eventing? < I watch that but never did it. I never got past jumping, I hate jumping

12 hours ago, Skittles87 said:

do it! and live the dream! I always wanted access to the museum vaults, but they only really let researchers in there

18 hours ago, Zorcodtoa said:

if I can make promises I'd do them anytime of the year.

for the sake of a topic I labelled this New Years Resolutions when in fact I have been doing some of these things already, other things are just a vague notion of 'maybe this year'. New Years actually means nothing to me. Christmas day is the start and end of the year for me!

I don't make proper New Year's resolutions, but some of my goals definitely are:

- getting into uni

- exercising more

- basically continuing with all my healthy habits that I've managed to create :)

although coming out to more people could be a good resolution as well. i'l have to think about that :P 

• Do things I normally avoid doing because other people wouldn't like it
  • Start really thinking before I speak
  • Join a class (gym/swim)
  • Start Christmas shopping early so I don't stress so much in November/December
  • Only buy things on sale unless I really need it
  • Get a job
  • Save more money
  • Get on a good schedule (sleeping, exercise, hygiene)
  • Eat fewer sweets
  • Drink more water

On 12/24/2017 at 11:54 AM, Skittles87 said:

I actually work in museums (and went to school for it), so if you want any tips, or want to learn more about museum life, hit me up. :)

On 12/24/2017 at 10:24 AM, Phobe said:

English is so much fun! I did dressage/hunter/jumper for years and really enjoyed it. I'd like to get back into riding, but I need a car first (very limited public transportation in the Yukon), and also limited funds... 

- Hike at least one long-distance trail (over 100km)

- Save many cash monies 

- Less impulse spending on food 

- Practice yoga 3x week

- Write blog posts for last year's trails

- Volunteer somewhere doing something 

16 hours ago, ladyasym said:

I actually work in museums (and went to school for it), so if you want any tips, or want to learn more about museum life, hit me up. :)

That would be fab. Is it ok if I private message you, so we don't fill the thread up with museum stuff? 

2 hours ago, Skittles87 said:

That would be fab. Is it ok if I private message you, so we don't fill the thread up with museum stuff? 

Absolutely! (and that goes for anyone else too - always happy to chat over PM!) :)

I don't really do new years resolutions, mostly because I make resolutions all the time so new year would be nothing special. Right now they are: 

-Write everyday

-Go running more

-Spend less time on duties, like cooking or fixing my apartment

11 hours ago, time-is-ticking said:

Work on not being scared of answering and making phone calls

That is a tough one! I would love to hear how things work out. I;ve been thinking about getting an answering machine so that I can screen my calls and tell all my friends to call the landline if they want a chat~ then maybe I will actually answer my phones more often

Archived