New aro ace

mikeman7918

Hello.  I made an account a while ago and didn't post anything, but now that AVEN is down I guess I might as well introduce myself.  I'm Parker but I generally go by Mike, I'm 19, as the title says I'm asexual and aromantic, I also think I may be genderfluid because I do have gender dysphoria on and off but just address me as a guy 'cause I might as well go one way or another so I don't feel dysphoria half of the time and I'm already a guy.  I also have mild autism, ADD, and generalized anxiety disorder.

Now onto my actual personality, I'm a fairly classic nerd to the point where I'm majoring in computer science, I'm an atheist, politically I am a left leaning centrist, I have been getting into writing lately and I'm enjoying it a lot (I even made my own original science fiction universe), I enjoy debating for sport even if I'm arguing for the side I'm personally against, and I'm incredibly introverted, I am kind of seriously obsessed with space travel.

So ya. that's me.  Hello!

Welcome! I recently got into fantasy mapping and am interested to hear about your sci-fi universe. Also as a left leaning centrist, what are your thoughts on the polarisation of the modern political climate (as in people rejecting the possibility of being near the middle)?

6 hours ago, Louis Hypo said:

Welcome! I recently got into fantasy mapping and am interested to hear about your sci-fi universe. Also as a left leaning centrist, what are your thoughts on the polarisation of the modern political climate (as in people rejecting the possibility of being near the middle)?

The polarization really annoys me, both sides are getting too extreme which is why I don't associate with either and I wish it would stop.

My science fiction universe (I call it the MegaWatt universe 'cause that's the name of a major company there) is actually based off of stuff that I came up with when I was really young modified to make more logical sense.  It's absurd but believable, which is what I really like about it.  In a nutshell two people, Michael Watt and Mason Williams, get together and start a tech company.  They end up getting a contract with the military after Mike invents a weapon called the particle cannon and that indirectly leads to the start of a war, Mike re-purposes the particle cannon technology to make Hyperion engines but that just serves to move the war to space and turn it into a colonization conflict.  Michael eventually looses his left arm when his space-plane was sabotaged and he gets a cool robotic one to replace it.  A lot of people hate him for his part in starting the war but little do they know he blames himself for it too and has to deal with that.  The was was first called World War 3 fought between the Western Alliance and the Heiwa Federation, but eventually the war began being called the Great Solar War and the Western Alliance was renamed to the Solar Alliance when they began to control other planets.  Neither side is the "good" or "bad" team, they both have their flaws, their redeeming attributes, and their good reasons for hating each other.  Over the course of a few decades the conflict moves from easy to reach bodies like Luna, Mars, and near Earth asteroids to harder destinations like the moons of the gas giants, just as things settle down in one place technology makes more places be within reach.  Right now I'm working out the details of the first interstellar mission flown by the Starship Endurance, the warp drive technology remains classified for a long time because Michael wants to do everything possible to avoid an interstellar colonization war.

Some interesting and rather unique stuff about that universe: wormholes (with many complex limitations) are harnessed for FTL travel and communication before warp drives become possible, there is no classic artificial gravity so spinning wheels must be used instead, and I try to accurately represent orbital mechanics.

• 1 month later...
On 11/22/2016 at 1:08 AM, mikeman7918 said:

Some interesting and rather unique stuff about that universe: wormholes (with many complex limitations) are harnessed for FTL travel and communication before warp drives become possible, there is no classic artificial gravity so spinning wheels must be used instead, and I try to accurately represent orbital mechanics.

a bit late, just one comment: I'm also interested in orbital mechanics. Gravitational attraction ftw! :D So, have you ever played Kerbal Space Program?
orbital_mechanics.png

Archived