Can you be fully aro and polyamorous?

I was wondering because all the descriptions I see of polyamory describe it as being for romantic relationships with no mention of sexual relationships. I’m a non-partnering aro, but I’m quite intrigued by the idea of polyamory (not in romantic terms), and I was wondering if purely sexual polyamory was a thing? Unless that’s just “friends with benefits” or something.

Sorry if this is a silly or obvious question, I’m just confused 

Edited by MondoBilby
  • Like 1

It's not a silly question!  I agree with Jot-Aro Kujo :) You can do whatever you want forever, and while I don't have experience with the type of polyamory that you're describing, I'm sure that many people out there do! 🌟

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MondoBilby said:

sexual polyamory

why does polysexual not mean polyamory but in a sexual way

• Like 1

Thanks for your answers guys, they helped a lot!

Also

10 minutes ago, P4R4D0X said:

why does polysexual not mean polyamory but in a sexual way

Ikr it really confused me when I saw it 😅 maybe the name could be changed to “trisexual” or something, and the old name could be used for this purpose. But I don’t mind either way, I’ll just say I’m poly but not the smooching kind lol

ohh so polysexual is the counterpart of polyromantic (like asexual to aromantic) 

polyamory is a synonym to polygamy (?)

Polygamy means multiple mating

Edited by P4R4D0X

I don't think the split attraction model has caught on among most polyamourus people. I think aros can fit well into a polyamourus relationship and it's valid to describe oneself as polyamourus. However you will need to clarify what kind of relationship you're more specifically open for. Which is good to do anyway.

I've also been exploring polya but I label myself as a relationship anarchist.