I noticed how a lot of people on this forum can't really come to terms when they discover there Aromantic or Asexual.

I just want to tell you the benefits that come with that.

If your asexual.

-NO CHILDREN YAYAYAYAYAY

-More disposable income

-more privacy

-Inability to feel lust.

If you are romantic.

-Disposable Income overload

-Livin lone (only good if you're an introvert like myself.) if not you can always stay with a roommate.

And if your both you get all the benefits combined.

• Like 1

For me, I love being A-spec for the advantages that you said and even more, but it's hard sometimes because I feel alienated in society. That feeling is stupid to have and it usually go away pretty quickly, but for people who just came to term with their lack of aromantic/sexual attraction it can feel very overwhelming... One thing about being AroAce is that we will all be able to learn that it does not matter in the end if we are considered « anormal » or whatever. It might take some time, but in the end romance and sex don't really matter next to all the other amazing things in life!

Other benefits:

Ace: More time for cuddles or watching movies, not getting distracted by 'sexy' things and being able to focus on what matters, buying cake to eat by yourself

Aro: going on date with yourselves (or in others words: doing things for yourself that you enjoy without the stress of impressing anyone), having the ability to buy a King bed for yourself

A-spec in general: understanding and being more aware about the different attractions and the toxic impact of amatonormativity on our society (for exemple; 'you need to have someone else to be complete', if you are on the a-spec you have more chance to understand that you don't need anyone but yourself to be happy)

And more!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LeGens said:

For me, I love being A-spec for the advantages that you said and even more, but it's hard sometimes because I feel alienated in society. That feeling is stupid to have and it usually go away pretty quickly, but for people who just came to term with their lack of aromantic/sexual attraction it can feel very overwhelming... One thing about being AroAce is that we will all be able to learn that it does not matter in the end if we are considered « anormal » or whatever. It might take some time, but in the end romance and sex don't really matter next to all the other amazing things in life!

Other benefits:

Ace: More time for cuddles or watching movies, not getting distracted by 'sexy' things and being able to focus on what matters, buying cake to eat by yourself

Aro: going on date with yourselves (or in others words: doing things for yourself that you enjoy without the stress of impressing anyone), having the ability to buy a King bed for yourself

A-spec in general: understanding and being more aware about the different attractions and the toxic impact of amatonormativity on our society (for exemple; 'you need to have someone else to be complete', if you are on the a-spec you have more chance to understand that you don't need anyone but yourself to be happy)

And more!

I haven’t seen most of the benefits yet because well, I’m 15 but I am definitely happy with the thought of staying single, I’m just… uncertain.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HelloThere said:

I haven’t seen most of the benefits yet because well, I’m 15 but I am definitely happy with the thought of staying single, I’m just… uncertain

I haven't seen those benefits either, I'm just seventeen, but just thinking about it makes me feel better. As you grow up, people around you will start to feel like they need to be in a relationship to be happy. At first it made me angry to see everyone around me say that I could not feel complete without a significant other, but now I see that it's cool to not depend on romance like some people my age or older than me. You are still young, but that does not mean there are no benefits. I know that I had an easier time going through puberty than some of my friends. They were busy dealing with crushes and I was just vibing XD

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, LeGens said:

I haven't seen those benefits either, I'm just seventeen, but just thinking about it makes me feel better. As you grow up, people around you will start to feel like they need to be in a relationship to be happy. At first it made me angry to see everyone around me say that I could not feel complete without a significant other, but now I see that it's cool to not depend on romance like some people my age or older than me. You are still young, but that does not mean there are no benefits. I know that I had an easier time going through puberty than some of my friends. They were busy dealing with crushes and I was just vibing XD

Yeah, most of my friends were sorta the nerds that never acted on crushes. I mean they probably had a girlfriend but they kept it quiet. I mean, I like the idea of living alone but I feel sad that I may be alone. Not romantically that’s fine, but just in general I’m scared of having no real friends that last.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HelloThere said:

I haven’t seen most of the benefits yet because well, I’m 15 but I am definitely happy with the thought of staying single, I’m just… uncertain.

I am 15 as well, and I've decided for me (personally- not pushing this on anyone) that one way I might be able to feel more "accepted" in society is by working in a job or industry that has no romantic connotations, or one that many people who are "married to their work" are. For me, that's the military and medical field, but there are many jobs, hobbies, and things out there that can have a slightly less tense environment when it comes to romance.

Again- this is just a personal solution I've found that makes me feel more at ease. There are so many ways to live your life!

Edited by The Aro Mando Echo
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Aro Mando Echo said:

I am 15 as well, and I've decided for me (personally- not pushing this on anyone) that one way I might be able to feel more "accepted" in society is by working in a job or industry that has no romantic connotations, or one that many people who are "married to their work" are. For me, that's the military and medical field, but there are many jobs, hobbies, and things out there that can have a slightly less tense environment when it comes to romance.

Again- this is just a personal solution I've found that makes me feel more at ease. There are so many ways to live your life!

Yeah, the job I want is to be one of those storytime animators on YouTube, I love to talk, I love the work they do, and I just want that kind of life. I know there’s loads of issues with it but I want to make something that I’m proud of and can reflect on myself without pulling it from memory.

I was honestly kind of glad when I learned that I was aroace Especially with the fact that you never have to deal with annoying relationships, and that I don't have to deal with children or really anything. It's nice.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The Aro Mando Echo said:

I am an animator too! I love storytime animators like JaidenAnimations, TheOdd1sOut, SomethingElseYT, etc..

I've tried it myself, and lets just say that I have SO MUCH RESPECT for whoever can finish a whole video!

Oh yeah. It’s be SO MUCH work but that’s kinda why I’d like it. I’d work myself a lot but I’d mostly enjoy doing so, yeah after a while it’d be mentally taxing but the public support and my love for what I make would be a thousand times better.

8 minutes ago, SwiftySpeedy said:

I was honestly kind of glad when I learned that I was aroace Especially with the fact that you never have to deal with annoying relationships, and that I don't have to deal with children or really anything. It's nice.

Yeah, I never wanted that but I thought I’d just eventually want to, now the possibility of that never coming just makes me happy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, SwiftySpeedy said:

NO CHILDREN YAYAYAYAYAY

I mean, you can be allosexual and not want children, and be asexual and want children. I do and being both aromantic and asexual is not an advantage here. I plan to adopt and that's not easy. Though yeah, being asexual, you are less at risks to have an undesired pregnancy.

But yeah, I wouldn't change my orientation if I could. Being aro is cool.

Edited by nonmerci
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nonmerci said:

I mean, you can be allosexual and not want children, and be asexual and want children. I do and being both aromantic and asexual is not an advantage here. I plan to adopt and that's not easy. Though yeah, being asexual, you are less at risks to have an undesired pregnancy.

But yeah, I wouldn't change my orientation if I could. Being aro is cool.

Yeah, some want kids and it’s always understandable. I mean I don’t ever want that but meh, you never know, you could go for adoption or artificial or something like that.

well me being anattractional distanced myself from dealing w trivial matters w relationships in gen since no attraction will bother me; only emotional attachment. im glad that i get to prioritize my friends and family more since having a romantic partner causes 1 to neglect their other connections which causes unwanted loneliness which can be mentally and physically damaging overtime

not like i dont deal w loneliness but the thought of it decreased. or rather i never worried too much since when im a kid. ive always been aspec then and ill be aspec now

On 5/16/2023 at 8:01 PM, HelloThere said:

Yeah, some want kids and it’s always understandable. I mean I don’t ever want that but meh, you never know, you could go for adoption or artificial or something like that.

I personally plan adoption. My point was to say it is harder for us, even if there are way to do it, so it is not a benefit to be a-spec here.

4 hours ago, nonmerci said:

I personally plan adoption. My point was to say it is harder for us, even if there are way to do it, so it is not a benefit to be a-spec here.

Yeah it’s harder for people that don’t feel romantic or sexual attraction to have kids. I’d say that adoption really is a better way to go.

The problem with adoption, at least in my country, is that there's a huge social stigma behind single parent/monoparental adoption.

It tends to be very similar to the one against queer couples: that they can't raise children properly, that they'll 'corrupt' them in some way, or (worst of all) that a single person or a queer couple would only adopt children to harm them.

I even remember back in 2016-2017 some politicians tried to start a referendum to make adoption exclusive for heterosexual couples. No gay couples, no divorcees, no widows, no single parents. Luckily, it never got out of Congress, but that was a scary time. I think they got like 2 million signatures for the project too! 

Edited by Whirl
Spelling error :p
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Whirl said:

The problem with adoption, at least in my country, is that there's a huge social stigma behind single parent/monoparental adoption.

Not as bad in my country but from what I read, even if denying adoption based on marital status is illegal, some agencies will see the person is not in a hetero couple and will immediately put their folder aside, even if the person recieved the authorization to adopt (the people who gives the authorization are not the same as the people who take care of the children).

The stigma around medicalized procreation for single women is even harder though (I don't think it will be denied as it was made legal, but people will judge you more I think), so I still prefer adoption even if I think it will be harder.