Aro minimalists

Angrboda

Are any of my fellow aros minimalists? Do you like the idea of having as little to keep up with as possible? Does most of your stuff fall into the category of either necessities or things that make you truly happy? Do you live in or want to live in a tiny house/converted van/micro apartment? Just curious to know how many of my aro buddies can relate.

Edited by Angrboda
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

I'm an aro minimalist. 🙂 My parents are basically hoarders. So when I finally moved out, I experienced the joy of having very few things.

On 9/6/2022 at 8:37 AM, Angrboda said:

Do you like the idea of having as little to keep up with as possible?

Yes. I'm not into minimalism as an aesthetic, though, like the "my kitchenware doesn't all match, buy a new one" that's wasteful.

Edited by DeltaAro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LIVI0 said:

i prefer a lil cottage in the middle of nowhere so that technically makes me a minimalist ig. plus the whole minimalist experience is kind of relatable as well 

I mean I’m not “minimalist” I’d definitely decorate my house a bit and add what I like but I wouldn’t be wasteful

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't even know if I'm a minimalist or a maximalist or what, because on one hand I don't want to feel like I'm suffocating in a little home, and on the other too much space would drive me crazy. But then a tiny space feels so cozy and homebody and safe, while a big space offers more freedom and creativity.

31 minutes ago, The Newest Fabled Creature said:

I don't even know if I'm a minimalist or a maximalist or what, because on one hand I don't want to feel like I'm suffocating in a little home, and on the other too much space would drive me crazy. But then a tiny space feels so cozy and homebody and safe, while a big space offers more freedom and creativity.

I’d choose a more medium sized area with a nice sort of “man cave” downstairs where I could just play video games and stuff with my friends. It’s be a 2-3 person house as well in case any of my friends stayed over as well. I’d probably just throw whatever random accessories I want in there. XD

• Like 1