Elder Aros

alto

I'm happy to put something like this in. obviously online anon forum so it would be an adult focused forum rather than over 25s only which we can't police.

However it would be good if we had a sensible name for the forum.

Also I would really like to see a coule of ideas for threads that you would like to see in an older focused forum. my worry is that it ends up like romantic  allies and partners or to a lesser extent intersectionality, where after over half a decade it barely ticks over 500 comments and often has nothing new for weeks at a time.  too many forums like that can make the site look dead.

What i could do is put the forum in for about a month or so to see if it generates discussion, then if after that it has only a couple of threads delete and move anything there into aromantic discussion or off topic.

If people are interested in this i will put it to discussion with the arocalypse moderator team to see what they think, then come back with their response.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roboticanary said:

Also I would really like to see a coule of ideas for threads that you would like to see in an older focused forum.

Hm good question, I understand your concern. Although we can always fill it with ‘when I was young, the internet came in the mail!’ kind of content ;)

• Haha 2

I'd celebrate it. Even though I'm definitely NOT old, being in your late 20s (currently I'm 27) can feel old in this forums. Especially because almost everyone in this age around you is getting married/having kids/having girlfriends, boyfriends and you're just sitting there like "Yeah...what up?"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

ok, by the end of the first month we have 55 posts in 8 topics.

while some of that is forum wrangling i started i think that is pretty good. i know it will never be as big as aro discussion or pride and culture but i am going to call it, this has worked far better than i had expected, i'll leave it up.

• Thanks 1