Do you use social media?

I use instagram and snapchat. I hate Youtube and Reddit since there’s many rude people, especially in the comment section(not that there isn’t any rude people on instagram or snapchat, but still).

• 2 months later...

I am on discord and watch youtube, but other than that I don't do social media. I'm trying to stay away from it because I feel like it would erode my self esteem and mental health...

I use facebook, youtube, linkedin and instagram for my business, but I am really bad at keeping them updated because of the time it takes to post on all of them. At the moment I mainly use instagram.

I sometimes scroll through tumblr and reddit for ‘fun’ but I stay far away from scrolling to far down on posts that seem controversial. When I use youtube to watch tutorials or something I don’t look at the comments at all (well sometimes the top one)

• Like 1

Generally no, I use discord, and I have a facebook account, but I only use the facebook account for the instant messenger since thats how some of my friends keep in contact. I dont post on the FB site at all.

I also watch youtube, but /generally/ stay away from comments

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I personally love using Instagram and Snapchat too, but I've also had my fair share of encounters with not-so-nice people. It's important to focus on the positive stuff and surround I personally love using Instagram and Snapchat too, but I've also had my fair share of encounters with not-so-nice people. It's important to focus on the positive stuff and surround yourself with uplifting people. By the way, I noticed you mentioned YouTube and Reddit. While they can have their share of rude comments, there are also some awesome communities and content creators out there. It's all about finding the right channels and threads that match your interests. Anyway, nice to meet you! By the way, have you heard of VKontakte? It's another social media platform that's pretty popular. You can also Buy VKontakte Accounts. Anyway, just my 2 cents.with uplifting people. By the way, I noticed you mentioned YouTube and Reddit.

Edited by ZavierWalter

I totally get what you mean about the comment sections on certain platforms. It's unfortunate how some people can be rude and disrespectful. Personally, I'm a big fan of Instagram too. It allows you to share photos, videos and connect with others in a more visual and creative way. It's a great platform to showcase your interests and engage with like-minded people. By the way, if you're looking to boost your Instagram following, you should check out super cheap Instagram followers. It can help give your account a boost and increase your reach.

Edited by KyleWillson

I'm unfortunately addicted to social media. I use Instagram, Messenger/Facebook, TikTok, YouTube and Reddit on a daily basis (😒😒), which probably isn't the best for my mental health.

13 minutes ago, Keith said:

I'm unfortunately addicted to social media. I use Instagram, Messenger/Facebook, TikTok, YouTube and Reddit on a daily basis (😒😒), which probably isn't the best for my mental health.

I’m addicted to YouTube, arocalypse, trevorspace, and random bull crap online. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Yes, I use Instragram. I have a personal page and a store. I recently tried using purchased likes to increase engagement on my Instagram account, and I can share my experience. I recommend paying attention to Blastup. This site offers automatic delivery of organic instagram likes, which means the likes come from real accounts and not bots. I've used their services a few times and have been pleased with the results. Blastup also offers different packages of likes to fit your needs and budget.

Edited by Alexxx

• 7 months later...

I'm a bit aversive regarding social media, since I'm a rather secretive person. LinkedIn for work, that's it.

Still, I was on 𝕏, formerly Twitter (I continue to dead name it just out of spite 😝), but deleted my account. It's one thing to read some curated tweets here and there and another thing to really experience it. I know this sounds like “ok, boomer”, but to truly feel this mind-numbing hellhole of anti-nuance is a horrific experience.

But then it even got worse … if you add to that the intense, aggressive hate appearing in the Musk-era.

I cannot even believe this festering cesspit of toxicity and disinformation is actually used. Any ridiculous fake gets 10 Million ❤️, while the truth is somewhere hidden in the replies with 3 ❤️.

Undoubtedly, the world would be a much better place if it was shut down tomorrow. It's a miserable experience all around (and we haven't even touched on other issues like the spambots). You feel empty, but I guess some people are just in the grips of their addiction and can't stop.

Any random Arocalypse post contains more intelligence than a million tweets on 𝕏. That's even true for posts in Aro-cade. 😄

• Like 1

I mostly use/watch YouTube for social media. I have an Instagram account, but rarely use it. I mostly have it just to stay informed about any events and schedule changes that are happening at my school. That’s as far as I am willing to go with social media though.

I have a Discord account I use to check on game news, and chat occasionally with some people there.

Used to have numerous accounts years ago, 1 for each of Reddit, Facebook and Twitter pre-X, but deleted them all as those spaces often show toxicity, or they try to feed me content I’m disinterested in, and now I just browse some subreddits without an account, and don’t visit Facebook or X unless a Discord friend tries to show me something they saw there.

Instagram and TikTok I just avoided having any account completely, the former just seems to be a scrapbook platform and the latter is just a hivemind of insignificant people moving their bodies/cameras in certain popular templates, or seeking validation from posting blatant racism, sexism, LGBTQIA-phobia, and terrorist- or incel-adjacent contents. I don’t see the appeal of getting a 5-7 figure number of hearts of likes just for posting something unoriginal, let alone something actually repulsive, if a bunch of the likes come from fake bots. And the shallow one-word comments, “wow” “[emoji(s)]” “cool” “pretty/beautiful/charming/handsome” etc. Given how many users there are, the market of posting low-effort content for an absurdly high amount of low-effort feedback is appealing to the mainstream, but it’s not for me. Even if it’s monetized, I just don’t see the point of churning out low-effort content for a living. It’s just cheap interaction.

I have a YouTube account, but I barely login there, let alone post anything, and if I do post anything there, it’s just insignificant videos for personal use, but are open to public because there’s nothing private or personal about the videos other than the insignificance of whatever rare content I put up there. I also leave positive comments to some videos that deserve it.

I actually got back into Instagram and TikTok recently for my business. I used to get stressed about keeping up with all the posts and updates, but then I started working with a social media agency, and they really took a load off. Now, I don’t have to worry about always being “on,” and I can focus more on what I like doing.

Edited by KennaRuiz

On 9/30/2024 at 4:34 PM, DeltaAro said:

I'm a bit aversive regarding social media, since I'm a rather secretive person. LinkedIn for work, that's it.

Still, I was on 𝕏, formerly Twitter (I continue to dead name it just out of spite 😝), but deleted my account. It's one thing to read some curated tweets here and there and another thing to really experience it. I know this sounds like “ok, boomer”, but to truly feel this mind-numbing hellhole of anti-nuance is a horrific experience.

But then it even got worse … if you add to that the intense, aggressive hate appearing in the Musk-era.

I cannot even believe this festering cesspit of toxicity and disinformation is actually used. Any ridiculous fake gets 10 Million ❤️, while the truth is somewhere hidden in the replies with 3 ❤️.

Undoubtedly, the world would be a much better place if it was shut down tomorrow. It's a miserable experience all around (and we haven't even touched on other issues like the spambots). You feel empty, but I guess some people are just in the grips of their addiction and can't stop.

Any random Arocalypse post contains more intelligence than a million tweets on 𝕏. That's even true for posts in Aro-cade. 😄

Yeah I gave up Twitter ever since that stupid USA election in 2016, all types of garbage got put out there, and whichever bad actors screwed up the US political news cycle on Twitter tried to disseminate misinformation about elections in the UK, France, Germany, etc.

I know you're all talking about social media here, but I had the same realization with a lot of popular music. It's not necessarily disinformation although one could argue that, but there's certainly toxicity and promoting a false narrative about how certain situations can be. And yes, I can imagine the criticisms already, especially since my preferred Genre is classical music (but it's not an exclusive thing, but a preference). (Of course classical music was once, to some extent popular music itself). 

Edited by MulticulturalFarmer
added words