Aesthetic attraction

Arsenic

I love my personal experience with aesthetic attraction. People are gorgeous, no matter what their age, or gender, or ethnicity, or style. Everywhere I go it feels like being in a museum overflowing with beautiful works of art. This is definitely my favorite type of attraction, it makes me feel great. How is your experience with aesthetic attraction?

• Like 8

I may have confused it for romantic attraction in the past, now that I know I'm aro I can just appreciate someone's beauty knowing it's not romantic attraction. It's also related to sexual attraction for me,but I can have aesthetic attraction without sexual attraction, just not really the other way around.

Aesthetic attraction is also a really positive experience for me, I love seeing how people can be beautiful in all sorts of different ways. It is kinda like the way you described it, walking through a museum with beautiful works of art.

• Like 3

I used to confuse aesthetic attraction and romantic attraction too but I had never heard about aromanticism at this time. I actually enjoy looking at a gorgeous man it is a very nice moment, a nice way to spend time when walking in the streets, or even when you watched a bad or a boring movie but the actor is cute so you just keep watching it to watch him ? Am I the only one to do that????

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Arsenic said:

Everywhere I go it feels like being in a museum overflowing with beautiful works of art

my god I relate to this so much but mostly with masculine or gender neutral people.

• Like 3

Aesthetic attraction is something I experience towards people, but also towards many different things. My pfp is a skeleton, and I love skeletons aesthetically. When I was little I called them bones guys. They look cool to me, that’s literally it.

I also get aesthetic attraction to scenes I set up with my action figures, or the way I pose my bigger 12 inch figs. Thats a nice pose I say to myself.

I already said this one on some other post but I love stomachs, other stuff -> faces, expressions, the way bodies look with clothes or fashion styles. For example crop tops, or thigh highs, I want to try wearing that someday but that’s a different subject. Hats, sometimes I look at fashion pics and think the hat really pulls it all together, I would wear that just because it looks good with that HAT! 

People look boring, or weird when nude. Specific things I don’t like is seeing a guys ding dong, or a womans full melon / other private region.  If an artist was painting a semi nude person for me, I would prefer those parts covered, but no semi nudes... I prefer clothed pictures of people wearing some bad threads! People just look a lot better to me clothed than in the buff. Although when it comes to skeletons I prefer them without any clothes, cause bones are cool to look at. 

This is just my opinion, but woman look better than men, its in their faces which are less square / boxed like a Minecraft character. Womans faces have better bone structure or something, but that’s just my opinion. 

• Like 2

I have difficulties telling if I am experiencing romantic, sexual or aesthetic attraction because they're similar in feeling for me. 

Do I have a crush? Probably. Does it matter? I don't know. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ikarus said:

My pfp is a skeleton, and I love skeletons aesthetically. When I was little I called them bones guys. They look cool to me, that’s literally it.

I love skeletons too! They have kind of a relaxing and pure aura, but also a mysterious and dark one. I have a "collection" of skulls made with different materials, my favourite ones are one made of metal and another one made with glass, and this later one has a little ecosystem inside:)

17 hours ago, Ikarus said:

This is just my opinion, but woman look better than men.

Women are goddesses.

• Like 2

I can probably count on one hand how many times I've seen someone & thought they were really cute. When I do, it's always short, skinny guys, with dark, wavy or curly hair, & dark eyes. Huge bonus points if they seem to be a nerd XD

• Like 2

On 1/18/2022 at 5:36 AM, Arsenic said:

I love my personal experience with aesthetic attraction. People are gorgeous, no matter what their age, or gender, or ethnicity, or style. Everywhere I go it feels like being in a museum overflowing with beautiful works of art. This is definitely my favorite type of attraction, it makes me feel great. How is your experience with aesthetic attraction?

I love it

so much

People always look hot istg 

Yall wouldn't beleive how many actors I've loved simply cuz of looks

Maybe I might have confused it for romantic maybe buttt I love knowing that people look cute but i don't have to date them

it's like a work of art

10/10 would never trade it

• Like 2

Ohh I also LOVE expirencing aesthetic attraction. 

8 hours ago, Angrboda said:

Huge bonus points if they seem to be a nerd XD

Same, hehe. I have a thing for nerdy and soft/shy guys. 

I get aesthetically attracted very easily to people with dark hair and slim faces. Mostly, but not exclusivly guys. Eyes and hair are the best parts of people <3   Also FRECKLES >>>>>>      

32 minutes ago, A User said:

I love knowing that people look cute but i don't have to date them

Yess, it makes things less akward.  Being aesthetically attracted to a coach for example isnt as uncomfortable as what allos have to deal with. I just like talking to him, because his eyes are cool and he is fun. Its so much easier. 

The best thing about aesthetic attraction is that you can practically „just enjoy it“. 

Sometimes I really love being aromantic :)

• Like 3

yeah it's cool, people can be nice-looking the same way other things are, like landscapes.  i took an elective in university called 'philosophy of beauty' where we talked a lot about aesthetics, and, you know, there are different units, and 'human beauty' was one, and i felt like a lot of people were treating it as a whole separate thing and/or conflating it with sexual/romantic attraction, and i was like...no.  or like we talked about how platonic love is about the 'beauty of the soul,' it's like yes, well that's an entirely different thing.  

On 1/18/2022 at 8:34 AM, crow said:

It's also related to sexual attraction for me,but I can have aesthetic attraction without sexual attraction, just not really the other way around.

yes, in the venn diagram, there's a circle of beautiful people and inside it, a small circle of hot guys.

i'm also a fashion designer in the works--my dresses are my art and so i want to display them on the most aesthetically attractive models, as a painter wants the nicest canvas and frame or whatever.  like i would go through a line-up and pick them out (figure and face both important), and then get their makeup and hair done right.    

• Like 2