Hello, here's my rambling introduction.

Moi. 

I'm kinda nervous and i'm not at introductions so sorry for rambling. I'm 17 years old, i live in Finland and i'm currently studying graphic design. I discovered asexuality and aromanticism about two years ago. Or more like, i disovered sexual and romantic attraction were actual things wich lead me to realise i didn't feel them. So yeah... I was gigantic mass of confusion and confliction ideas beforehand wich lead to pretty unhealthy ideas about how sexual/romantic relationships work. Thankfully after finding words to describe how i feel i also found words to describe how others feel. Right now i'm trying to figure out my definitions of things like love, intimacy and affection seperate from societys interpretations. So, i've accepted my asexuality and aromanticism, i'm just in middle of figuring out what does that exactly mean. Thankfully i have very supportive family and my mom has been helping me to figure this out.

I'm hoping that by joining this forum and conversing with people kinda like me i can better understand myself, and thanks to that maybe i'll be able to understand others better as well. I don't know if that made any sense, and i'm sorry for the rambling.

Anyway, i'm looking forward to talking to the people here and joining this community. See ya round.

Hello, and welcome to Arocalypse! :icecream: :icecream: :icecream: 

I'm pretty new here myself so I hope you don't mind hahhaa. And ramble all you want! I totally get you. I joined this forum specifically to further embrace my being aroace and to connect with similar individuals. And I'm very happy for you that you have such a supportive family! Take your time figuring things out; the process is a beautiful thing. 

Btw, I'm 17 too hahah it's nice to see people my age participating in this community. 

Welcome to Arocalypse! 

I didn't know sexual/romantic attractions were things either before I realized most other people felt them while I don't.

(I used to assume that all the escapades and drama about sex and romance was some made-up things in fictions and cannot be happening in real life. I thought people were just exaggerating:facepalm:)

Anyways, hope you enjoy your time here :P:icecream::icecream:

Archived