Hello, this is a triple-A (battery).

Hi arospec friends or acquaintances or allies! I'm Kitson -- or at least that's what I wish my name was. My real name gets confusing because it's a homophone of a very common word said by my polite classmates that constantly confuses me. Also it's too feminine for my identity, but I'm getting off topic, here's how I found this site!

So, I found this site through a thread on AVEN actually, and it's nice to have a whole site about romanticism! That's fantastic! Anyway, I discovered the word "aromantic" from a blog called "Asexuality Archive," and that description clicked faster than my asexuality clicked because I didn't understand what sexual attraction meant. That may have been a tip off. And for a while I tried to figure out what romantic attraction was and then gave up because I was apparently being overly scientific and there was no concrete answer. So I decided that I was aro, and my aceness clicked in soon after, just before I got on AVEN.  Then I realized that gender was an impossible topic as well, so I thought "welp I literally cannot 'get' what society means anymore" and jumped into the void of sense that was not understanding nonsense, which lead me to a ton of angry internet trolls, angry binary adherents, and this site. So here I am!

On more about me, because my triple-a lack-of-a-soul can't define me that much, I'm also a roleplayer some days, I'm an introvert through-and-through, I'm apparently rather smart for my age group, I would like to be a biologist who writes silly one-shot ideas about fantasy, and I thought I had a crush on Tom Hiddleston one time a couple of years back (and then I realized that his face was just pretty and things made more sense). Also, my English teacher once said that my writing style is too casual, is her assessment of my typing pattern correct?

So what about you people? What's going on?

Welcome to the Arocalypse!:icecream:
I can totally relate to the "I don't get it" feeling xD (And so do a LOT of people in here)

And yes, Tom Hiddleston his awesome.

Hey, just noticed, is ice cream a thing here like cake on AVEN? That's neat! (But I can't eat ice cream because my teeth are too sensitive, aw...)

AAAs FOR GREATNESS (b/c I don't care about winning)

2 minutes ago, Kitson said:

Hey, just noticed, is ice cream a thing here like cake on AVEN? That's neat! (But I can't eat ice cream because my teeth are too sensitive, aw...)

mine are too!!! I just stick with chocolate & imagine me eating ice cream with my Aro fam (that you've now joined!!!) :icecream:

Yay I've join the fam! I guess I could just lick the vanilla and chocolate(:chocolate:icon!!) very carefully on that, I don't like strawberry ice cream too much. Ooh, and chocolate chip cookies! They're great soft. :cookie:

Hey there, fellow triple-A! I'm given to understand we're something of a rarity, so it's nice to run into another person who's a-everything. :) It's great that you've started figuring yourself out, and that you've found communities in the process. Make yourself at home! :icecream::cakeslice: 

greentea_icecream_12-.jpg

IMG_1437.JPG

Sushi-and-veggies-RS.jpg

Ice cream, cake, and sushi: the AAA trifecta of foods :D

Hi, fellow 3A! Nice meeting you, and tthanks for the food! Didn't know we were rare, but...that's pretty obvious in hindsight. So sushi is agender food? Nice to know! Stay a-okay!

Yep, that happened a while ago in the A(gender)vengers thread on AVEN: http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/84044-agendervengers-assemble/page-71#entry1061147494

You're welcome to come hang out over there as well! There are agendery peeps in the strangest of places if you know where to look.

Welcome! :icecream::cake: 

I'm kind of the opposite of you--I realized I was asexual first, then it took another year or so to realize I was aromantic. I think it's because I thought I had crushes until I realized that "this person is cool and I want to be their friend" isn't what most people would call a crush. 

Welcome! 

I also realized I was aro before I identified as ace. Figuring things out about my asexuality took a little longer. 

And I usually identify with aromantics waaay better than I do with alloro aces afterall. B|

Anyways, here's some icecream! :icecream::icecream:

20 hours ago, Kitson Finch Sinaelo said:

same. except that it just makes me sick now because of run ins with bad ice cream... non ice cream aro buddies for the win!

@Kitson Finch Sinaelo Absolutely! I loved ice cream when I was younger, but I had it right after I got braces put in and it's never been the same for me. Now I drink milkshakes in the summer instead of eating ice cream cones.

Archived