Singlehood and aromanticism

sometimes I feel irritated because, I want to be in a "couple" but. I'm aromantic and mostly asexual. and I have social anxiety. so it's not going to happen. I think of having a friend who is around a lot - who we do things with each other, or for each other, or because of each other. and like, on a certain scale of things, we are "partners" because we're sticking together, the cliche "joined at the hip" but not like. not a joke, when people say two friends are joined at the hip, and you're reading a story, you just know at some point they're gonna have a dramatic falling out :( we aren't just friends joined at the hip, we're partners. I don't want to call it dating or a couple or stuff 'cause of romance-repulsion but I kind of have to.. what else would I name it?

On 2016-11-18 at 5:28 PM, cute kitty Meow! Mewo! said:

when people say two friends are joined at the hip, and you're reading a story, you just know at some point they're gonna have a dramatic falling out :(

That's the weird thing with stories though. I feel like they often present love as the everlasting thing, but friendship as something that doesn't last.

I can sympathise with that, I do have two very good friends I've known several years but I'm very bad at making and keeping friendships. Mainly because I usually end up feeling like I'm bugging people, and they don't generally bother so I assume they're not interested. Could be they feel the same way as I do, but in any case it just ends up being a stalemate and nothing happens. I do prefer being by myself but it does frustrate me sometimes.

On 18-11-2016 at 5:28 PM, cute kitty Meow! Mewo! said:

sometimes I feel irritated because, I want to be in a "couple" but. I'm aromantic and mostly asexual. and I have social anxiety. so it's not going to happen. I think of having a friend who is around a lot - who we do things with each other, or for each other, or because of each other. and like, on a certain scale of things, we are "partners" because we're sticking together, the cliche "joined at the hip" but not like. not a joke, when people say two friends are joined at the hip, and you're reading a story, you just know at some point they're gonna have a dramatic falling out :( we aren't just friends joined at the hip, we're partners. I don't want to call it dating or a couple or stuff 'cause of romance-repulsion but I kind of have to.. what else would I name it?

I guess you're looking for a queerplatonic relationship. Me too, but it seems pretty much impossible to find someone who's interested in that. Pretty much everyone prefers a romantic partner :( 

Archived