Hi from another sky (Tune Rein)

SkyTuneRein

I've arrived from AVEN after I thought I'd give this place a try. I'm no good at writing intros or about myself like this though.

Firstly I'm a tech and science nerd. I may not be very talkative at first especially if we don't have any common interests, but after a while I may open up as I get to know you too. Just don't get me involved with polarising politics, particularly petty "debates" with no scientific interest. One kind of people I don't get on with are philistines or anti-intellectuals/art and those who are anti-science. Other than that, I'm pretty easy going and open-minded. I can be quite sarcastic but still peace-loving and mean no malice. Other things I like include music and most forms of media.

I think I'm demi but it's difficult for me to feel any attraction to anyone, nor have I ever felt inclined enough to pursue romantic relationships. I'm also picky about who I get close to and don't like making big changes in my daily routine...normally though I don't give a damn about other things. I think this place would suite me in the longer term because it's less active here so I don't have to spend as much time to keep up with new posts and I hope it's at least a little...less "devoted to one's opinions" than AVEN. There're a few reasons I hope but never mind...

Anyway hi. ?

Edited by SkyTuneRein

Hello and welcome to Arocalypse :aroicecream: Here is something chill.

It's true that here we don't always post back quicker than light... but that doesn't mean that the answers aren't food for thoughts.

Edited by Ch0c0
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SkyTuneRein said:

A small fraction of the activity, yet twice the welcomes I got on AVEN

Wow.

I have no idea what goes on at AVEN but I will say one of the things that really drew me in to this site was how kind the introductions were. Anyone who joins gets a nice little shower of welcomes and hellos, its great.

TBH from I've observed on there, there's probably some systemic/institutional sexism and/or demi-phobia and double-standards going on. The amount of flatulence and defecation references and jokes there is rather weird too, that and the amount endless political "debates" and re-hashed ace-question topics is getting old. I'm not really one to complain about intracommunal affairs/beliefs but there's something not quite right about AVEN, despite the fact I have had some fun there. I do recall someone elsewhere saying things like one had to constantly "walk on eggshells" to survive without a clique. Whatever the case is, I am feeling increasingly ostracised by them as well as bored and tired. So I may leave them for here completely soon.

Edited by SkyTuneRein

3 hours ago, SkyTuneRein said:

TBH from I've observed on there, there's probably some systemic/institutional sexism and/or demi-phobia and double-standards going on. The amount of flatulence and defecation references and jokes there is rather weird too, that and the amount endless political "debates" and re-hashed ace-question topics is getting old. I'm not really one to complain about intracommunal affairs/beliefs but there's something not quite right about AVEN, despite the fact I have had some fun there. I do recall someone elsewhere saying things like one had to constantly "walk on eggshells" to survive without a clique. Whatever the case is, I am feeling increasingly ostracised by them as well as bored and tired. So I may leave them for here completely soon.

Ah, it happen. In all communities tbh. I have seen some spaces ugh ? I actually don't know aven exept by name (and reputation, which depend on who you are asking to). But in some cases, a space don't work in a way that suit us. The amount of them i had to leave...

Welcome by the way !