Aromantic flag?

Ok it may seem like a dumb question since the colors are all over the website xD but I searched it up on google and apparently there are 2/3 different flags for aromanticism (?)

Tumblr_inline_nelzuzwZam1s9h54v.jpg

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/aromantics/images/7/74/Aromantic_flag2.png/revision/latest?cb=20150430151847

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/aromantics/images/0/0a/Aromantic_flag.png/revision/latest?cb=20150430151823

Is there an "official"aromantic flag? Which one do you use/like the most?

Hello computer literate cat. We had a poll about this earlier:

This would seem to indicate that the image you posted is the one most liked by members of this site. It would be really good if we could all agree on a flag. That seems fairly basic doesn't it? :)

5 hours ago, Blue Phoenix Ace said:

Hello computer literate cat. We had a poll about this earlier:

This would seem to indicate that the image you posted is the one most liked by members of this site. It would be really good if we could all agree on a flag. That seems fairly basic doesn't it? :)

Oops I didn't see the post sorry!! Yep I think we all should agree on a flag. Thanks!

To summarise the discussion in that article, Green-Yellow-Orange-Black is similar to Rastafarianism; Green-Yellow-Grey-Black and Green-Green-Yellow-Grey-Black contain yellow which can stress out some autistic people; Green-Green-White-Grey-Black is most agreeable but does have less symbolism than others; Orange is Greyromantic, Yellow is Lithromantic, Grey is also Greyromantic, Green is opposite to Red so fits for Aromantic; and Black is for rejecting romance or Demiromantic.

Dark green - aromantic

Light green - ???

White - Romantic allies

Grey - grey romantic

Black - aromantic

Maybe light green would be for Demiromantic? Please realize that not every flavor of the spectrum is going to get it's own color. I lump Lithromantic, WTFromantic, etc under grey romantic.

Crud I just realized I put aromantic on there twice. Blah. I really don't know.

8 hours ago, Blue Phoenix Ace said:

Dark green - aromantic

Light green - ???

White - Romantic allies

Grey - grey romantic

Black - aromantic

Maybe light green would be for Demiromantic? Please realize that not every flavor of the spectrum is going to get it's own color. I lump Lithromantic, WTFromantic, etc under grey romantic.

Crud I just realized I put aromantic on there twice. Blah. I really don't know.

If I would interpret the colours I would personally understand the two greens of a representation of the fact that it's a spectrum.

I would have no problem with the most popular version of the aro flag (the one posted at the top of the thread and used for the site banner)...EXCEPT for the fact that it looks very similar to the agender flag.

300px-Agender.png

The proposed version of the aro flag is almost the same as this, except not symmetrical, and with one additional shade of green. It seems as though there's much more of a consensus on the agender flag than the aro flag, and I do like the symbolism of the old aro flag colors (especially the yellow for platonic love, though I do recognize that there are some people who have issues with yellow). Just something to keep in mind.

Why does the flag have to be straight lines like that? Why not make the aro flag like the banner at the top, so that it's more easily distinguishable from other flags? It'd be much more unique that way.

3 minutes ago, Zemaddog said:

Why does the flag have to be straight lines like that? Why not make the aro flag like the banner at the top, so that it's more easily distinguishable from other flags? It'd be much more unique that way.

That would be cool.

• 1 month later...
On 3/6/2016 at 3:51 PM, Zemaddog said:

Because, then, since a flag is a rectangle, some colors will have less area, like they count less.

There are so many flags that it's very possible two to be similar. It doesn't matter, since the difference makes the difference. Netherlands doesn't change it's flag because it has the same colors with the flags of Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Croatia, Thailand, Paraguay (which also have only horizontal stripes) and France (which also has three lines, with the same order of colors). I think we should focus to choose a flag that express us most and not to be unique just for it to be unique. We should focus on the meaning. After all, agender aren't the compltelly opposite of aromantics.

On 6/3/2016 at 8:51 AM, Zemaddog said:

yeah but with straight lines it's easier to make pride art. like knitting scarves - it's much easier to knit a rectangle or square, and to knit in straight lines, than to make other shapes. same with crocheting and sewing.

4 hours ago, Almagest said:

Because, then, since a flag is a rectangle, some colors will have less area, like they count less.

Flags don't necessarily have to be rectangles. Just look at Nepal's flag.

2000px-Flag_of_Nepal.svg.png

6 minutes ago, Zemaddog said:

Flags don't necessarily have to be rectangles. Just look at Nepal's flag.

2000px-Flag_of_Nepal.svg.png

How do you imagine it to be in order the area of each color to be equal and the flag not to be impractical?

Just now, Almagest said:

How do you imagine it to be in order the area of its color to be equal and the flag not to be impractical?

That's a good point. I'll have to think about that.

Archived