Spelling amatonormativity

emmafriendly

This so not a serious discussion at all but how long did it take you all to learn how to spell "amatonormativity"? I realized today that I have been spelling it wrong this whole time (ever since it was coined in 2016 by Elizabeth Brake) and my world is shook. I have written whole long posts about it, tagged countless posts, mentioned it so many times, and no one told me. I have educated clueless allos on it while SAYING and SPELLING it wrong. I can't believe my own clownery.

I've somehow been spelling it amantonormativity, with an N, this whole time. How did I convince myself this was right?? I was so confident too.

• Like 2

For me it's not so much that I used a wrong spelling, but the word has a lot of vowels and shapes my eyes didn't like so I had to keep looking at the word real close to make sure I typed right or didn't misremember for a while. Once my brain adapted though it hasn't given me trouble

• Like 1

6 hours ago, emmafriendly said:

This so not a serious discussion at all but how long did it take you all to learn how to spell "amatonormativity"? I realized today that I have been spelling it wrong this whole time (ever since it was coined in 2016 by Elizabeth Brake) and my world is shook. I have written whole long posts about it, tagged countless posts, mentioned it so many times, and no one told me. I have educated clueless allos on it while SAYING and SPELLING it wrong. I can't believe my own clownery.

I've somehow been spelling it amantonormativity, with an N, this whole time. How did I convince myself this was right?? I was so confident too.

Omg I feel your pain. I've done stuff like that so many times. My brain doesn't like tiny visual details so I often misspell words. 

It's okay though. :) It's a long awkward word with wayyyy too many syllables. Very easy to misspell. At least you didn't do the whole your/you're & their/there thing. 

Edited by Planet