The Aro-Ace Thread™

Violet Stars

On 6/7/2022 at 3:38 PM, Deltalorian said:

Can you be aplatonic? If you can, I may be that as well hah.

I think that actually is a thing, at least I have seen people use that label

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 9/17/2020 at 9:33 PM, FaerySilverwings said:

Hello fellow aroace peeps!

Out of curiosity, did anyone else here have trouble realizing their identity because they just... didn't get into situations where it would come into play? (For example, I was never around other people my age until I was in uni, so a lot of the "wait, I don't experience what other teenagers seem obsessed about" moments I've heard other aro and ace people describe just didn't happen to me at all.)

I was homeschooled from the ages of 12-15, so yeah, I can certainly relate to that. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

anyone else ever feel like you were gonna get married because it seemed like the "right" thing to do

like i wasn't even pressured into that it's just everything around me elevated those kinds of relationships so much that i just felt like i should do it

i also decided that i would only have sex after marriage because i didn't really want sex either

didn't even care that much, looking back... i just never considered that i simply might not want any of it lmao

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, EGGHEAD said:

anyone else ever feel like you were gonna get married because it seemed like the "right" thing to do

not really tbh. if anything i would get platonically married just for the fun of it 

having someone by your side til your demise seems really sweet to me but all the documentations one have to fill just for the wedding and divorce is a bit too excessive for me 

On 6/8/2022 at 3:38 AM, Deltalorian said:

im omniaspec which means im on the aspec for every type of attraction but not strictly

im pretty sure im strictly on aspec for every attraction [including platonic attraction] except for alterous since i rarely experience it but i still do [so i use the grayanalterous label as well]

not feeling any attraction most of the time is pretty relaxing

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, EternallyTDB said:

Anyone else think they’re sex indifferent because they’re like 14 but could be sex repulsed for all they know?

You don't have to use those as labels. In general I see them more as current-moment representations of comfort level.

I, for example, am generally romance/sex averse, but sometimes I'm indifferent, and other times I'm repulsed. I use those words and their definitions to gauge if I'm okay with stuff that is going on/going to happen, and plan my actions accordingly.

While using them as labels is undoubtedly useful to some people, don't feel any pressure to nail them down.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Neon said:

You don't have to use those as labels. In general I see them more as current-moment representations of comfort level.

I, for example, am generally romance/sex averse, but sometimes I'm indifferent, and other times I'm repulsed. I use those words and their definitions to gauge if I'm okay with stuff that is going on/going to happen, and plan my actions accordingly.

While using them as labels is undoubtedly useful to some people, don't feel any pressure to nail them down.

Yeah I don't even use them at all.

• Like 2

On 8/4/2020 at 12:21 PM, Violet Stars said:

This is an attempt to form a megathread, a union of the aroaces across this site. Come here to chat, to share your experiences, send memes, and plot your villainous schemes while the others are busy falling in love/having sex. With this, the alien invasion can truly begin, MWAHAHA!

On a more serious note, a discussion about aromanticism in relation to asexuality made me realize we do not have a dedicated space to talk about our own experiences, so I'm making one! Feel free to talk about anything you want here. Aroallos and others are welcome as well!

shoutout to aro ace agenders. yall really looked at past societal norms and just said "no"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, sevan said:

panaspec agender folks has all the chaos crystals. if you dont know this panaspec is strictly being on the aspec for every type of attraction so one can claim even more As

Never heard of panaspec. I just call myself anattractional. I'm not agender though so I can't claim all the crystal crystal chaos.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sevan said:

panaspec agender folks has all the chaos crystals. if you dont know this panaspec is strictly being on the aspec for every type of attraction so one can claim even more As

omniaspec here which is the same thing

• Like 1

On 6/8/2022 at 12:38 AM, Deltalorian said:

6iwng1.jpg

Mmm, yes, you can be. 

But wait, I thought you experienced sexual attraction, no? Or am I confusing it with something else.

1 hour ago, EGGHEAD said:

or wait is it

Kind of? It depends. Some people consider them both to be same; others, not so much. 

I think omni is like you don’t have a preference for a specific gender, while being attracted to all genders, while pan is having preferences for specific genders, while being attracted to all of the genders. 

2 hours ago, Storm_leopardcat said:

Kind of? It depends. Some people consider them both to be same; others, not so much. 

I think omni is like you don’t have a preference for a specific gender, while being attracted to all genders, while pan is having preferences for specific genders, while being attracted to all of the genders. 

looked it up because confusion

omniaspec means all attractions are a-spec (hence the use of omni-), though not strictly 100% anattractional for every type

panaspec means that no attraction is felt at all

Edited by EGGHEAD
hyphen
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, EGGHEAD said:

omniaspec here which is the same thing

im omniaspec and its. kind of not? because youre not strictly on the aspec. maybe you can be gray demi or spike for some attractions so you might not get as much As as you can since gray demi and spike doesnt start with a so unfortunately i can only claim as much

On 9/17/2020 at 3:10 PM, Neon said:

I tended to avoid them and didn't realize anything from them.

I did that, I literally made myself believe that I had a crush on someone when I actually didn't so I could feel...included? Come to find out I'm quoiromantic and asexual so I couldn't figure out if I actually had a crush on someone even if I wanted to.

On 11/12/2020 at 3:14 PM, PeepsInTheChiliPot said:

Anyone else have aro/ace trinkets? 

I really want some but sadly I'm still living in the closet with my homophobic parents, but the moment I have the opportunity to get discreet aroace objects I WILL

• Like 1