*shrugs and gestures vaguely*

LunarSeas

Hey, so, I'm finding out about this aro stuff later in life...which is weird, let me tell ya. I'm 32, and for most of my life just thought I hadn't "settled down" which is a toxic idea, but that's another topic. 

Call me Luna, because that's been part of every online handle since forever for me. I have a toddler, bio dad not a part of our lives because he doesn't like work. 

At first I just thought, hey, I'm bitter, why wouldn't I be after three supremely shitty relationships in a row, but the more I sat with my feelings and thought back to when I was happy, I think I'm some kind of arospec. I can have brief strong attractions to people, but they're mostly sensual/sexual. I've had successful fwb set ups, where there was both real friendship and great sex. I kind of want that again, but not sure how to even approach that at my age, with a kid, and other stressful factors, just....ahh xP. 

So I'm mostly just figuring stuff out. I'm not even solid on my romantic orientation, so I put aroflux, but I don't know. We'll see. 

Hey! Welcome to Arocalypse, Luna--it's never too late to figure out anything. I can relate to the feeling of doubting your romantic orientation due to shitty past experiences; before identifying as lithro, I always thought I was insecure and had commitment issues, but the more research I did, the more I realised I definitely was arospec. I hope you'll be able to learn more about yourself and about being aro in this community.

Welcome to Arocalypse, Luna! I'm glad you found out that you were arospec. It seems that many people who had never heard of it before felt similar ways. I hope you can settle on your romantic orientation. Ice cream: :icecream:

Hi Luna, welcome to Arocalypse! :icecream: Figuring out that you have an aro spec orientation at your age is not that weird to me. It's not widely known, in fact I have never heard a single person in real life mention it, so it's not really surprising to me that you have found out at your age. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it here :) 

Archived