Word we need in English

Natkat

A friend of mine made me aware of the term "kærstekedelig" (I will call it KK here for short) 

this is a danish, slang put together by 2 words.  kærste = boyfriend/girlfriend and kedelig = boring.

Directly translated into A boring boyfriend/girlfriend.

--------

the term can mean 2 things. 

1) From an outside view it means a person or a couple who got so focused on their relationship that they no longer have time for anyone or anything else that does not invold/include their partner, and shut down their friends, famely etc.

2) the other definition is inside a relationship when a couple have lost the "flame" in their relationships and now are becoming too casual and practical and not focusing on.. well romance and stuff.

--

The first definition is the one that is most used but the second one is also possible.

its important to note that "KK" is something you are or something you become, it's also an insult to say your friend has become a KK or that your partner is a KK.

------------------------------------------

It's a really interesting term. Do you have a link to how to pronounce it? The first definition is quite relevant to another thread here and how a lot of friends don't put effort into friendship when they're dating.

Also alliteration/multiple K's is.... perhaps not the best way to shorten it IMO but it makes sense

23 hours ago, Simowl said:

It's a really interesting term. Do you have a link to how to pronounce it? The first definition is quite relevant to another thread here and how a lot of friends don't put effort into friendship when they're dating.

Also alliteration/multiple K's is.... perhaps not the best way to shorten it IMO but it makes sense

it's pronounced like this: Kea-s-the Ke-dhee -li- 

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1CkxhkgTLEC

--

yes I know its not the best way to put it since it sound abit like the KKK. I just choose to use it here for example because I know most keybords cant write the letter æ in "kærste" so I thought it might be more easy to debate the word if I just called it K or KK.

Yeah, but seriously. I mean I don't need help calling my friends silly stuff, I can come up with loads of nonsense. Like mock pet names.

But seriously, this wasn't mean to be a joke, we need something decent. Something that's not too silly but also not too medical.

7 hours ago, Cassiopeia said:

we also need a word that isn't zucchini. really.

I personally use the term platemate. Like datemate, but platonic. Platemates going on platedates...xD

• 1 year later...
On 14/04/2016 at 8:09 AM, Cassiopeia said:

we also need a word that isn't zucchini. really.

yes. I always think of the food. I eat the food most often. When I hear people mention their zucchini I always do a weird assumption that they are in a relationship with a vegetable. well if spoken vegetable erotica is a thing..... 

anything with the word 'mate' is platonic in my understanding, to be mates is to be good friends. To be good mates is to be best friends and to be soulmates is platonic, I guess like a QPP but possibly with sex, but if you 'love your soulmate' then it has a romantic aspect too. But maybe I use a completely different dictionary to everyone else. 

Archived