can anyone relate?

5amlight

as i've recently discovered, i am aro ace, and the thing about that is is that i don't mind it at all. to an extent. what does annoy me, however, is when someone likes me. a few months ago, my best friend told me someone liked me (and actually it was quite obvious but i refused to believe it) and i was so mad, and asked myself "why me?" 

like, i blamed someone for liking me. i'm still kinda mad at him and have the urge to roll my eyes a lot. does anyone feel the same way when someone else has a crush on you?

When I meet people I'm talking about mildly interesting stuff the whole time so nothing really develops (I don't think) but yeah, I completely understand why you'd think that. I guess it means someone is trying to go from "interesting person to talk to" to "now it's just us". I think 2 is also a lonely number because it could so easily end up feeling like 1.

Yeah I hate it when people like me romantically. My male friend liked me and because I spent time around him because I wanted to be a closer friend he thought I liked him back and asked me out and painkied and said yes. Worst decision ever. Being with him was terrible not because he was a bad guy I love him just not in that way. The fact I was aro and he thought I liked him tore me to pieces and that mixed with that fact that he was straight and transphobic and I was closeted non binary led so so much bad stuff happening to me mental and in the end pyshically. It was the worst time in my life.

I was never mad at him though even though he made me feel terrible and kick start the depression I still have. I still wonder why he liked me of all people. I feel sorry for him. He's a great guy and I hope his current girlfriend is a loving one like I wished I could be to him.

yeees, this so much. i tend to have many guy friends and i think one of the reasons is that i'm scared they'll like me romantically and things will get awkward. at least with girls the chances are smaller. i would also hate telling them that i don't like them that way, cause that always sucks.

21 hours ago, hippiecat said:

i tend to have many guy friends and i think one of the reasons is that i'm scared they'll like me romantically and things will get awkward. at least with girls the chances are smaller. i would also hate telling them that i don't like them that way, cause that always sucks.

This is my life. It honestly always ruins friendships when you have to friendzone someone. I hate it, I just want people to like be ok with being ~just~ friends! I know the "why me" feeling exactly :facepalm:

22 hours ago, meesemouse said:

This is my life. It honestly always ruins friendships when you have to friendzone someone. I hate it, I just want people to like be ok with being ~just~ friends! I know the "why me" feeling exactly :facepalm:

and of course when you're at the age where boys start developing hormones and stuff like that you're fucked.

Just now, 5amlight said:

and of course when you're at the age where boys start developing hormones and stuff like that you're fucked.

I believe it gets better when you get older, but I'm an aro AMAB so I probably know nothing on this subject.

On 8/7/2017 at 8:03 AM, 5amlight said:

Too true, it seems like the concept of "a girl that is only a friend" no longer exists to them. 

• 2 weeks later...

I can relate to your 'why me' and raise it to a 'how dare you'. It always makes things worse, usually breaking what friendship you had. Or it can hurt your friends if you get caught in a weird triangle situation > worst thing ever. especially when you are not out as aro. and still in high school hell. 

Archived