Aro-ace safe musicals?

arorocks

• 3 months later...

slightly disheartening there are no comments......but I can't think of one. I love musicals because the songs make the romance scenes more tolerable....but maybe that is just what I watch...

Some Musicals with minor romance in them:

Matilda (barely any between her parents)

Sweeney Todd 

Lion King the Musical

The Little Shop of Horrors 

the opera Akhnaten is fairly ambiguous about romance even though he has 2 wives, but it is very much an opera. 

Apparently there is now an opera of Hamlet out there, and I can't imagine that having much romance. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wizard of oz

Maybe Wicked? I haven't seen it but it doesn't seem like there'd be much romance in a prequel about an evil witch. But maybe she was just evil cause she got dumped by her boyfriend or something. Can't say for sure that's not the case ;)

Cats, only has a little bit

Billy Eliot

On 30/08/2017 at 4:13 AM, Holmbo said:

Maybe Wicked? I haven't seen it but it doesn't seem like there'd be much romance in a prequel about an evil witch. But maybe she was just evil cause she got dumped by her boyfriend or something. Can't say for sure that's not the case ;)

seen it twice

There is a romantic relationship, and jealousy, and a sort of love song. There is an implied night of passion and a break up. But yeah, it is mostly about friendship and self-esteem and standing up for what you believe in with a little love triangle thrown in