Moments when you realized "wow I'm aromantic"

I thought I had a crush and took one of those buzzfeed "do I love them?" quiz.

No, no I don't, I have gender envy.

And that's how I found out I'm on the aromantic spectrum :D

Add your stories :D

Edited by Cavetowns_fkin_awesome
  • Like 2

I read the word and immediately went "that's me!"........then proceeded to try to ignore it for months before ultimately accepting myself lol

• Like 4

A little while after I found out I was aro, I started finding a lot of early signs. One notable example being an old comic I made when I was little about what to do if someone likes you but you don’t like them back. The whole comic is just a cat beating the living crap out of a dog that was in love with them lmao.

• Like 3

I was sketching and listening to my music in my room when something just clicked and I went "ohhhh I feel the same amount of attraction for everyone because I feel no attraction for anyone"

• Like 4

I guess a, "Wow I'm aromantic" moment would be when I recognize couples all around me and think to myself, "Why would anyone want that?" To which then I think to myself, "Wait, the majority of people want that, but not me. There's literally couples right in front of me. Wow, I'm aromantic."

Sometimes I'll straight up forget that I'm aro, and other times I'm too consciously aware of it.

Edited by The Newest Fabled Creature
added a few words
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, The Newest Fabled Creature said:

I guess a, "Wow I'm aromantic" moment would be when I recognize couples all around me and think to myself, "Why would anyone want that?" To which then I think to myself, "Wait, the majority of people want that, but not me. Wow, I'm aromantic."

Sometimes I'll straight up forget that I'm aro, and other times I'm too consciously aware of it.

That is way too real man, I see someone (even more so straight couples who are only gonna last a month) my brain goes "ew" and I feel like I'm being mean to them but like, ew idk.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Cavetowns_fkin_awesome said:

That is way too real man, I see someone (even more so straight couples who are only gonna last a month) my brain goes "ew" and I feel like I'm being mean to them but like, ew idk.

Yeah! It's like, I don't mean to think ill of any couples, but I often times think too, "How long is that gonna last?" And I know I only think it because I don't experience what they're experiencing, but I also see too many times relationships fall apart.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, The Newest Fabled Creature said:

Yeah! It's like, I don't mean to think ill of any couples, but I often times think too, "How long is that gonna last?" And I know I only think it because I don't experience what they're experiencing, but I also see too many times relationships fall apart.

I can see that yeah. I really don't want to be rude but you can tell if they're not right for each other sometimes! I can't fully relate (I'm demiromantic/greyromantic kinda sh!t) but I can totally see where your coming from.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

One of the signs I had was that I liked reading/watching romantic relationships... but only the lead-up to the point where they caught feelings LOL. Once it was romance the story lost me unless they had a strong bond (i.e. QPP or best friend level). Plus, as a kid I was really not into the idea of marriage and extremely distraught to be told by a parent that you'd be lonely if you didn't wed someone. wq

But for the actual moment of knowing? I came across more definitions and accounts of being aro and felt the immense relief of not being forced to experience romance! I don't recall the actual hooray moment, but it most certainly helped hearing about others' experiences. 

• Like 1

Always thought I liked people, but when I thought about it, I didn't want to be in a romantic relationship with them, I want to have a sleepover and watch all the Harrry Potter movies

• Like 1