what to say when you don't want to explain?

I might say, "I'm tired" or "I don't like doing that actually" or "my feet hurt too much lately" and my family goes "are you getting enough sleep?" "why not?" or "you should talk to the doctor" 

and I can't stand it. I want the freedom to say what I feel without it being nosily inspected for logical proof!

If people ask me about a problem I'm having, I always reassure them that I'm personally working on ways to take care of the problem, and that everything's alright. Other times, I just lie and say that everything's alright. 

I have trouble with this too. People tend to not respect boundaries due to their own nosy curiosity. I'm often trying to figure out whether the piece of information someone wants from me is too personal to share depending on how close we are. When I won't tell them it often comes across as rude, which is baffling to me because how are boundaries rude?

And about that, it's never people I'm close to. I find that because I have a pretty large gap between my friend circle and my acquaintance circle and because of that acquaintances think they have the right to know a lot more than I'm willing to share "because we're friends".

I know I have a couple more barriers than the average person but I still wish people would respect that. Anyway, I'm sorry I couldn't be of any help because I myself am not sure what to say when I don't want to explain.

• 10 months later...
On 30/10/2016 at 3:41 AM, aussiekirkland said:

I know I have a couple more barriers than the average person but I still wish people would respect that. Anyway, I'm sorry I couldn't be of any help because I myself am not sure what to say when I don't want to explain.

Well I just found someone who has as many barriers as I do. I also wish people would respect and take boudaries more seriously. Like  I don't want to tell you cuz I barely know you dude. Why can't they understand that?? :facepalm:

However it's never come off as rude. Just direct and calm.

Archived