Vent thread

hemogoblin

10 hours ago, organs and bone said:

Also killing yourself is harder than it might seem, please don’t try it again.

hehe, true that.

12 hours ago, N1GHTM4R3 said:

bro where do you even get the tools to do suicide from???

Screw that, there's one in my pocket.

Don't worry, we're all perfectly sane young children. Today's youth doesn't want to kill themselves. None of us have to put on happy faces to hide the fragile truth. We want to be alive, to see today and tomorrow.

Spoiler

Most people I know have some mental health disorder or another. Half of my friends have wanted or tried to kill themselves once or twice. Our grade is full of semi-professional actors, fake it till you make it has been drilled into our brains, by none other than ourselves. Practically everyone wants practically everything dead.

Spoiler

Parents need to remember, that children can be quite fragile in early stages of life. We can and will remember everything

And children need to remember that life isn't a fairy tale. People do stupid things, just for the fun of it. People have told me stories about 3yos... getting their 'innocence' removed, 5yos getting bitten by other 5yos (hey, that's me!), 7yos with depression (...its also me!), 8yos who know what the 'adult thing' is, 10yos getting 'adult thing-ed' and so. much. more.

We want to live, we truly do, just not like this, not in this world. We really have already died a little bit inside.

Man, when did I become a very p!ssed off philosopher?

Edited by N1GHTM4R3

Reminds me of being a 6 yo who planned out the deaths of her enemies, her family, and herself with a surprising amount of attention to detail.

What sort of 6yo plans on getting her hands on every single thing that ever had anything to do with her, burning them, and then burning her self, leaving behind the broken memories of the 'happy' little child that used to be, leaving regret in peoples minds, leaving them to wonder what they could have done, leaving nothing behind, except one big conspiracy?

And then wonders if anyone will actually give so much of a cr@p as to mourn over her death.

Man, I think I was born a very p!ssed off philosopher.

I'm really sorry about that... sounds really really hard 

I have planned the demise of my parents too many times to count, they really messed me up through my childhood, but sometimes I'll stop to think "maybe they're not so bad, maybe everyone's parents are like this"

I know it's probably just the guilt complex they made me have, but it hurts, especially because I know they love me, they're just bad at it 

3 hours ago, smac n cheese said:

I know they love me, they're just bad at it 

That's the thing for so many people. Good intentions doesn't always mean good outcomes.

Helicopter Parents

Intentions: Want to protect their child to the point of messing with their personal lives. 

Outcomes: Anxiety, bad coping skills, child is under prepared for the real world.

Too Strict

Intentions: Making a good, obedient child.

Outcomes: Stress, pressure to be perfect, child gets better at hiding.

Not Strict Enough

Intentions: Giving their child freedom.

Outcomes: Child doesn't fully understand rules of society, just being spoiled.

Oh, look, that channel that 9½yo me was partially obsessed with.

I was (and still am) such a strange child.

oh gosh, mine are authoritarian...

also I've done some research and they're mentally abusive :(

I just keep having this feeling like I wanna go home, except my home isn't home, it's a prison, and home is where my friends are, but my parents are trying to cut me off from them because "they're the only ones who will ever care about me"

20 hours ago, smac n cheese said:

"they're the only ones who will ever care about me"

oh my gosh I have heard that too many times its so annoying cuz MY FRIENDS FLIPPING CARE ABOUT ME, YOU DONT!

yeah. home about mutually caring about each other, not being p!ssed off by a 5yo boy. 

YKW, the website is home :)

Yooooooo what the fu¢k did I just witness.

I think i just witnessed my parents agreeing on divorce. I feel weirdly happy about it. 

It means one less very very annoying I have to deal with for the next 6 years until I can run away to College or Antarctica or smt.

Edited by N1GHTM4R3
I witnessed that while typing this response.

Well what am I supposed to do about it?

Ima be honest tho, those are probably better grades then I ever will have.

U know life is great when you know at least 5 people under the age of 18 that have almost died before.

(Smac N cheese, 5yo neighbor, irl friend, myself & 8yo neighbor)

Fr tho

ALSO

I was looking at this really cool website that's like an ally for queer kids of color but then they said the a was for ally, and an ace blog said aro/aces are not LGBTQ+ so THAT ruined my day that was already terrible 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/13/2023 at 2:35 PM, hemogoblin said:

About a month with no responses whatsoever on submitted writing pieces. And today I get five rejections. FIVE. There's no way for these editors to have known, but dang. Can *anybody* just handle five in one day? Ouch. 

EDIT: Hahahaaaaaa make that six rejections. Just gonna go crawl in a hole and try to convince myself not to give up on writing forever.

I'm sorry you have to got through that but I'm sure it'll work out! Just keep trying! :)

On 3/12/2024 at 3:34 PM, smac n cheese said:

Fr tho

ALSO

I was looking at this really cool website that's like an ally for queer kids of color but then they said the a was for ally, and an ace blog said aro/aces are not LGBTQ+ so THAT ruined my day that was already terrible 

Who is saying this bc that's wayyy off my friend the a is definitely not ally look it up. Im sorry that you had to go through that though thest rough I hope you feel better now :/

On 3/12/2024 at 3:25 PM, P4R4D0X said:

Well what am I supposed to do about it?

Ima be honest tho, those are probably better grades then I ever will have.

U know life is great when you know at least 5 people under the age of 18 that have almost died before.

(Smac N cheese, 5yo neighbor, irl friend, myself & 8yo neighbor)

I'm here too :')

But i'm sorry you have to go through this let me know if you wanna chat 

Edited by Cavetowns_fkin_awesome

16 minutes ago, smac n cheese said:

(dang I gotta move this conversation to the vent thread)

Wassup bestieeeeee [technical difficulties]

Lets talk about favoritism and bad parenting.

Parent. Like. Little. Children.

Yk that stereotypical family where oldest is abused, middle is unexisted, and youngest is favourite? Yeah, stereotypes don't stem from nowhere (my parents are stereotypical asian-american parents). 

"Their just a child"

WELL SO AM I! YOU DONT SEEM VERY CONCERNED THAT YOUR SEVEN YEAR OLD IS GETTING THERAPY FROM YOUTUBE!

[technical difficulties]

So, ima coin the term bipolar parenting for parents that kinda go up and down on the scale of good or bad parenting. So in my experience with my own parents, they will be discussing a vacation one minute and yelling at me the next. Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is not a real term and it does not have real stuff behind it feel free to add ig

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, P4R4D0X said:

Wassup bestieeeeee [technical difficulties]

Lets talk about favoritism and bad parenting.

Parent. Like. Little. Children.

Yk that stereotypical family where oldest is abused, middle is unexisted, and youngest is favourite? Yeah, stereotypes don't stem from nowhere (my parents are stereotypical asian-american parents). 

"Their just a child"

WELL SO AM I! YOU DONT SEEM VERY CONCERNED THAT YOUR SEVEN YEAR OLD IS GETTING THERAPY FROM YOUTUBE!

[technical difficulties]

So, ima coin the term bipolar parenting for parents that kinda go up and down on the scale of good or bad parenting. So in my experience with my own parents, they will be discussing a vacation one minute and yelling at me the next. Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is not a real term and it does not have real stuff behind it feel free to add ig

my parents aren't Asian, my mom's white and my dad's Latino, but boy do they act like that stereotype.

they ABSOLUTELY hate me

oh, and they're not letting me move to a different city when I go to college bc they want to stay in control of me

50 minutes ago, smac n cheese said:

my parents aren't Asian, my mom's white and my dad's Latino, but boy do they act like that stereotype.

they ABSOLUTELY hate me

oh, and they're not letting me move to a different city when I go to college bc they want to stay in control of me

My dad works at a university, and teaches math of all things, so therefore Pythagorean theorem is for 3rd graders (!?)

And the university offers free classes to the family members of employees, so yeah... 

You think they care more about my academic value than me myself?

That last part, 💀. At least my parents will let me go anywhere, as long as its a good university.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, P4R4D0X said:

My dad works at a university, and teaches math of all things, so therefore Pythagorean theorem is for 3rd graders (!?)

And the university offers free classes to the family members of employees, so yeah... 

You think they care more about my academic value than me myself?

That last part, 💀. At least my parents will let me go anywhere, as long as its a good university.

oh yeah, my dad taught me algebra when I was in second grade and got mad at me when I forgot, I'm a straight A student so I'm expected to be some kind of super-genius, some of my earliest memories are my dad constantly berating me about grades "YOU GOT A 97 WHY?????? STUDY HARDER TO GET A 100!!!!!!!!!!!!"

On 4/2/2024 at 9:04 PM, P4R4D0X said:

(my parents are stereotypical asian-american parents)

The only thing they eat is rice. Please help.

On 4/3/2024 at 5:38 PM, smac n cheese said:

my dad taught me algebra when I was in second grade and got mad at me when I forgot

my father taught me division when I was 4 and now its been 8 years and quadratics just have to exist, dont they?

I have a friend who didn't get into algebra 1, so her father bought an algebra textbook and told her to finish it before the next school year 💀

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, P4R4D0X said:

I have a friend who didn't get into algebra 1, so her father bought an algebra textbook and told her to finish it before the next school year 

Ohhhhhhhhhh gosh, I got into a selective enrollment school this year (it's a year advanced) and my dad bought me a 7th grade math book to do all in like three weeks before school started to catch up, and when I said I couldn't do it, he was like "BUT YOUR FUTURE DEPENDS ON IT AND YOU'LL HAVE A TERRIBLE LIFE IF YOU DON'T >:( >:( >:("

On 4/8/2024 at 5:47 PM, smac n cheese said:

Ohhhhhhhhhh gosh, I got into a selective enrollment school this year (it's a year advanced) and my dad bought me a 7th grade math book to do all in like three weeks before school started to catch up, and when I said I couldn't do it, he was like "BUT YOUR FUTURE DEPENDS ON IT AND YOU'LL HAVE A TERRIBLE LIFE IF YOU DON'T >:( >:( >:("

Adult homo sapiens.

Since I was 10, my parents have made a big deal out of college, and now that I'm going to 7th grade they are trying to get me to 'explore some options for what you're going to major in' and its kinda awkward considering i have 6 more years (mow that i say that it doesn't sound like a lot anymore) + being the youngest person attending the pythagorean theorem or ai and machine learning or other stuff talk is really strange.

Edited by P4R4D0X

i still want to love reading, its something I lost recently (this school year). think its my parents asking me what I was reading, to read out loud, to read it, making sure it was something that they approved of. i switched over from informational and horror books to things like alice in wonderland and eventually lost interest. reading is a big part of school, and i would like to be able to read for even 10 minutes straight anymore without getting extremely bored. 

that was the first hobby my parents destroyed, it wasn't the last.

what a free country, where parents can have near total control over their children.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

I feel u.

Also wtf, @smac n cheese's mother. (Mini lesson: a lot of disorders (specifically mental) literally have disorder in the name)

As a *mostly* anattractional (not going into details), nominal gender, alterhuman, fully coming out to most people is gonna be an awkward af vocab lesson.