Would it be okay to lean into the robot stereotype? Does anyone else do this?

2 hours ago, HelloThere said:

Oh my gosh if I could go into the world of Wings of Fire I’d do so with no regrets.

I love those books. I read them all.

4 hours ago, HelloThere said:

Oh my gosh if I could go into the world of Wings of Fire I’d do so with no regrets.

This books look cool even though it seems like it's in the YA/teenage fiction genre for sure.

2 hours ago, HelloThere said:

There’s definitely a more violent book but it’s so freaking good! :D

Violent? So are you saying that that counts as more in the adult fiction genre then for earlier books? Not that the microlabel is really that important but I am interested now as to why you said that.

45 minutes ago, MulticulturalFarmer said:

Violent? So are you saying that that counts as more in the adult fiction genre then for earlier books? Not that the microlabel is really that important but I am interested now as to why you said that.

The graphic novel is rather… graphic (surprise) in my families eyes but personally I find that to be very tame in comparison to even 5 minutes of scrolling YouTube shorts. XD

• Haha 1

On 6/26/2023 at 7:43 AM, HelloThere said:

Who wouldn’t want to become wings of fire tho

27 minutes ago, Kira- said:

Who wouldn’t want to become wings of fire tho

I mean if I got the right character. I mean seriously if I had the power to wish things into existence I’d do so with all of the most altruistic ideals in a smarter way than even Darkstalker could imagine.

1 hour ago, HelloThere said:

I mean if I got the right character. I mean seriously if I had the power to wish things into existence I’d do so with all of the most altruistic ideals in a smarter way than even Darkstalker could imagine.

I’m going to become a nightwing or sandwing and just go fly and be dragon.

Not that I fully lean into the robot stereotype, though it's %100 alright that others do, I did kind of reclaim the Tinman because of my own experiences, and I really like the song If I Only Had a Heart because it encapsulates how I felt when I first started questioning if I was aro-spec; and when I finally accepted it, I did kind of go into that "Oh, if I could only fall in love" mentality for a short bit. Nowadays, I like the song in a way that still somewhat reflects that "I wish..." feeling, but in a far less negative way. For me, I can be tender, gentle, and awfully sentimental regarding love and art, but to others who are alloromantic, I can never "actually" feel what it means to "feel deeply" about something, and in a retrospect there are indeed things I can never experience emotionally because of being aro. But, that doesn't mean I'm any less human, even if I did go through the dark thoughts of presuming that I would be kind of human if I was only alloro.