Am I the only person who does not want a QPR

Nah you’re not, I mean I do but I know that it shouldn’t be a required substitute to a romantic relationship, there’s no requirement and I’m pretty sure plenty here don’t want it, and that’s totally fine. :D

• Like 1

Not at all. Plenty of people don't, myself included. I know younger aros tend to hype up QPRs because they get defensive and try to go for identity politics, but they're not a requirement. Which of course isn't to say that QPRs are bad, or that they're amatonormative or anything- Just that they're a personal choice that's not right for everyone, and not something that needs to be constantly brought up as some weird gotcha.

• Like 1

I don't. But I'm a relationship anarchist so I'm not into looking for people to fit one specific relationship. I might at some point have a relationship that someone would consider romantic or a qpr but it's not something I need.

• Like 1

I don't want one either. I don't want any kind of relationship.

Some people do want another person in their life, someone to be special to them and to see them as special in return. QPR's also create a means to build a relationship on other forms of attraction and desire, like aesthetic or sensual, without having to also incorporate sexual or romantic.

There are also people who feel like they are required to have some kind of relationship. There is a strong emphasis on pairing up, and western society at large values intimate relationships over casual or platonic relationships. Some people only look for a QPR because they're afraid of being left behind when their friends get partners, or feel like they exist somewhere outside of normal human behaviour when they see so many other people building their lives within the framework of partnered relationships. I find the some of the emphasis around QPR's is a method to fit in or to camouflage.