Just how many of you learned you where Aromantic or Asexual from jaiden animations video.

i learned im aspec before i knew jaiden even existed. tho jaidens animation did cheer me up a lot knowing there r folks just like me and r living their lives like how any human being would. thats when i started seeking for aspec communities so i can meet others like me; that vid basically gave me closure and comfort 

• Like 1

Well it wasn’t particularly FROM her video but it was definitely BECAUSE of her video. You see a couple of months ago I decided to educate myself on the lgbtq spectrum and i remembered the term “aromantic” so I looked it up and it actually really fit my experience. I didn’t have many of the confused opinions (I do still have plenty) but I could relate to most everything. A little while afterwards Keith’s bio made me curious (I didn’t know what “aegosexual” meant) and I google it and apparently that ALSO perfectly fit my description. Now I’m still trying to gain confidence and I’m gonna wait for about 2 years before I tell my parents but I’m pretty sure of myself.

Ive gained more confidence over time so far, the label feels comfortable, and I think that the longer I try to come to terms with not having a romantic relationship the more I realize that I don’t really want one. I want friends, I always have. I want people I can talk to and enjoy doing things with and then afterwards just take time for myself to enjoy life and maybe live with someone platonically in separate rooms and we just enjoy doing things like gaming, watching movies, just enjoying each others company with not even a hint of romance. It’s all I really want out of life and romance is just something that feels like it’s just there for others to enjoy, to obsess over others and invest in a relationship that could fall apart like a house of cards. I doubt that I’d enjoy romantically coded activities that much and my only desire to do so would be to see if I feel anything.

Edited by HelloThere

2 hours ago, Rather be Reading said:

Not me, I didn't watch the video until after I figured out I was aspec, and started to see it referenced when I was doing more research.  

I saw it but researching the LGBTQ spectrum was how I actually figured things out.

Well, by that point I had already realized I was most likely aro, but I hadn't accepted it. I didn't want it to be true. The discovery of my identity made me feel very sad and scared for a long time. Her video came out during that period of my life. I used to be a fan of hers, but had grown out of her content years ago. Yet I stil remember vividly when her video came out. A lot of people were talking about it. I remember watching it with bated breath. And it was honestly very comforting. I related a lot to what her own experiences and it made me feel less alone. It's by no means a perfect video, but it deifnitely helped me!

• Like 2

I didn't even know about aromanticism or asexuality before jaiden's video came out, and after relating to the video a lot I did more research and found out that I was aroace. So basically, I found out from her video

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Anaim said:

I didn't even know about aromanticism or asexuality before jaiden's video came out, and after relating to the video a lot I did more research and found out that I was aroace. So basically, I found out from her video

I kinda knew about it but I never paid it mine until I decided to learn about the LGBTQIA+ spectrum. XD