r/actuallyaromantic subreddit

a forum for aromantics (people who experience 0 romantic attraction) who dislikes being put with people who aren't aromantic (alloromantic or "arospec"), relatives/friends/partners of actual aromantics and those questioning if they're aromantic and want to discuss specifically having no romantic attraction and no desire for a romantic relationship as a result of the absence of attraction.

https://www.reddit.com/r/actuallyaromantic/

You know, if you have a problem with the current state of r/aromantic, you could have sent us feedback through modmail... mod applications are open by the way, I think that might interest you.

19 minutes ago, Dane said:

You know, if you have a problem with the current state of r/aromantic, you could have sent us feedback through modmail... mod applications are open by the way, I think that might interest you.

I am totally out of the loop, what's the difference between r/aromantic and r/actuallyaromantic? 

Just now, MulticulturalFarmer said:

I am totally out of the loop, what's the difference between r/aromantic and r/actuallyaromantic? 

to me it seems like r/actuallyaromantic is a subreddit for those who aren't pleased with the current state of r/aromantic because of the reasons op stated above

7 minutes ago, Dane said:

to me it seems like r/actuallyaromantic is a subreddit for those who aren't pleased with the current state of r/aromantic because of the reasons op stated above

hating arospecs? I didn't know if it was done in jest or not though.

48 minutes ago, Dane said:

Please don't make people who attack aros mods of aro communities. 

21 minutes ago, MulticulturalFarmer said:

hating arospecs? I didn't know if it was done in jest or not though.

No. This user stops by every few years or so to spout harmful anti-aro rhetoric and invalidate aros. They come and spout the saaaaame bs about "real aromantics" and "fake aromantics".

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TripleA said:

a forum for aromantics (people who experience 0 romantic attraction) who dislikes being put with people who aren't aromantic (alloromantic or "arospec"), relatives/friends/partners of actual aromantics and those questioning if they're aromantic and want to discuss specifically having no romantic attraction and no desire for a romantic relationship as a result of the absence of attraction.

https://www.reddit.com/r/actuallyaromantic/

ANNND trash like this is no longer why I feel comfortable being in aro spaces anymore, good to know you think me using the greyaro label is the worst thing to exist. But if you did succeed in my attempt to never head to online aro spaces again, congrats, you've done it.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Lovebird said:

ANNND trash like this is no longer why I feel comfortable being in aro spaces anymore, good to know you think me using the greyaro label is the worst thing to exist. But if you did succeed in my attempt to never head to online aro spaces again, congrats, you've done it.

Don't let jerks like this get you down, the people in that subreddit are a minority. Case in point, most people in this thread aren't siding with the OP.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Harvest said:

Don't let jerks like this get you down, the people in that subreddit are a minority. Case in point, most people in this thread aren't siding with the OP.

If this place were a safe space, then surely they'd at least be banned for gatekeeping if they've being doing it constantly.

Just now, Lovebird said:

If this place were a safe space, then surely they'd at least be banned for gatekeeping if they've being doing it constantly.

To me, that seems more like a moderation issue than a general community issue, but also that is a valid reason to be alienated from here. If you want to surround yourself with more inclusive aros, I suggest tumblr because

1. You can block certain tags and people

2. Even though in the past the site was rife with exclusionism, it has died down significantly over the years so its much easier to just block everyone

3. You can follow specific tags for your specific labels

4. There are a lot of very inclusive blogs (I can't access tumblr rn but I will add some to this post later if you like)

7 minutes ago, Lovebird said:

Last time they were around, we were actually under different admin and moderatorship. We'll have to wait and see for our current team to come on and make their decision. 

Edited by hemogoblin