Favorite names?

Angrboda

What are your favorite names? Traditional, modern, exotic, or common. Just a list of your favorite names. 
I know it's a strange question, but I'm a writer, so I spend a lot of time looking up names, their meanings, & what part of the world they're from. (Plus I just find it interesting! XD )

5 hours ago, sevan said:

i literally have a list of names i could use in the future if my current name is no longer appealing to me. most of them originated from typos that doesnt really mean anything so i only like certain names for how its worded and pronounced 

1184402922_Screenshot2022-12-15at7_55_33PM.png.33a6ed3374cfb4be8e5c61a3750b7e42.png

12. reminds me of a portmanteau of stoat and aroace. 

7. reminds me of Voldemort. 

Is 6. the word ‘ghost’? 

3. reminds of Halsey. 

Ah, as for 4., it is the name of a Prophet in Islam, mentioned in the Holy Qur’an.  

8 hours ago, Storm_leopardcat said:

Ah, as for 4., it is the name of a Prophet in Islam, mentioned in the Holy Qur’an.  

its actually a typo i got from saying 'you suck' lol. good to know its an existing name

Is 6. the word ‘ghost’? 

yes. its a typo of it

7. reminds me of Voldemort. 

sounds like a pet name for him tbh. i kind of dont like that name anymore now that i cant unhear it lol

• Haha 1

If I had a kid I would name that kid seven.

Sounds good for a guy or a girl, or neutral. Seven 

There’s another snazzy name that sounds very sophisticated, and proper. Isosceles 

No joke… 

Edited by Ikarus
  • Haha 1

A lot of my fave girl names are either space themed (Celeste, Luna, Stella, Astrid ect) or Greek mythology themed (Calliope, Athena, Iris, ect). I don't have many boys names I like but I quite like Atlas. Bird themed names are great for unisex names imo, Wren, Birdie, Avery, Jay ect.

I do like the name Eleanor. From what I have heard was from this French monarch called Eanor who named her daughter Eanor. So people started calling her daughter Alia Eanor, basically meaning the other Eanor . I find that quite funny  that this name basically comes about because people can't be arsed dealing with her having the same name as her mum.

Another great name is Michael. It comes from the Hebrew 'who is like the lord' , which sounds cool as hell but unfortunately its meant as a question so michaels can't shoot lightning out of their fingers or anything.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, roboticanary said:

I do like the name Eleanor. From what I have heard was from this French monarch called Eanor who named her daughter Eanor. So people started calling her daughter Alia Eanor, basically meaning the other Eanor . I find that quite funny  that this name basically comes about because people can't be arsed dealing with her having the same name as her mum.

Another great name is Michael. It comes from the Hebrew 'who is like the lord' , which sounds cool as hell but unfortunately its meant as a question so michaels can't shoot lightning out of their fingers or anything.

There's also Gabriel, or the variances of, which means "strength of God", which is ironic as I know somebody with one and has fibromyalgia and difficulty dealing with heavy or tough stuff and pressure.

But what would I give to see somebody fire lightning from their finger or anything...

supernatural-spn.gif

Michael_Vs_Lucifer.gif

• Like 1

On 12/15/2022 at 8:54 AM, Angrboda said:

What are your favorite names? Traditional, modern, exotic, or common. Just a list of your favorite names. 
I know it's a strange question, but I'm a writer, so I spend a lot of time looking up names, their meanings, & what part of the world they're from. (Plus I just find it interesting! XD )

Ok I have quite the list to be honest (ironic since chances are slim for me to ever have kids), but I've always found beauty in names. 

• Nina- I really like this name because it just gives me a lot of serotonin. It's also the name of a song by Hozier 'Nina cried Power'. It's a song about protest, and about giving power to induviduals who do not have power. “Nina Cried Power” also guides us into a new era. It’s not just a salute to activists, it’s a protest song itself. While it doesn’t protest anything specific, it could be interpreted as protesting public apathy toward major changes in our political and social spheres. With all his heart and tact, Hozier aims to mobilize people to action. 
  • Louis - this name is related to King Louis the XVI, and an amazing (overplayed, but still amazing) song called Viva La Vida. “Viva La Vida” tells the story from the perspective of King Louis XVI and is linked to his last speech, after his monarch was overthrown and he was about to meet his death by guillotine. As he was strapped down on a guillotine bench (bascule) and his neck set in place, the former ruler gave one final speech before he was executed in which he proclaimed his innocence and concern for his former kingdom. It's a song that inspires love, and revolution. It's also a song used in TikTok about the indomitable human spirit. 
  • Arden - I picked this name for myself because it's the perfect mix between masculinity and femininity. It doesn't imply anything but human. And it's also a slight oxymoron because it means biblical paradise however, it is close to the verb 'ardem' which in my home language (romania) it means to burn. Which is ironic, again, because it shows the battle that eastern european countries have with queer identities, and that my name is meant to symbolise the burning of that hatred. 
  • Richard - the person mentioned in 'Perfect Sense by Arctic Monkeys'. He's Richard of York. It's a song about the complete sense of love, and how much it makes sense to be in love. It's the sweetest song about love. Not platonic, romantic or sexual, but the overarching theme of love. Unfortunately the name just has connotations of old men with an office job in finance, however, maybe it will actually come to be a nicer name with nicer connotations. 
  • Arabella - this is obvious. This is the arabella song from AM. However, it's also for me, a very powerful and sort of suffocating feminine name, which I LOVE. It's unapologetically feminine, and that's amazing. 
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

~ Aeris-  An earth full of flowers

(I may be about as tomboyish as they get a lot of the time, but I enjoy gardening)

~ Ebony- Black Wood 

(I just like the sound of this name, and is the nickname I go by on youtube with youtube friends)

~ Elinor- Light; God is my light.

(Alvin and The Chipmunks. that's it.)

~ Grace- Charm, goodness, and generosity.

(the name of one of my bestest friends that I call my Lil Twin)

• Like 1