What is the longest possible orientation?

whatistheromance

So i got bored recently and wanted to figure this stupid question out, here we go:

Starting off with gender identity, after looking at the wiki for a sec the one with the most characters is "Transmasculine" at 14. This one means you were assigned female at birth, but now identify as male.

Added: 14 Total: 14

Next up, romantic orientation. The longest one is Desinoromantic, at 14 characters. This is also great, because since it means just "liking" someone and not really experiencing romantic attraction, it allows us to plop another one on top to determine which gender you're attracted to within this. I believe the best one to add here is Ceteroromantic, which is usually defined as being attracted to non binary people, putting our total for romantic orientation at 28 total characters.

Added: 28 Total: 42

And finally, sexual orientation. Gray-asexual means that you are somewhere inbetween asexual and allosexual. Again, this is great, because not only is it 12 characters, it allows us to add Ceterosexual (ceteroromantic but sexual attraction instead) on top, for 24 characters added for sexual orientation.

Added: 24 Total: 66

So, to summarize: The longest LGBT orientation I can think of right now is:

Transmasculine Desinoromantic Ceteroromantic Gray-asexual Ceterosexual. Anyone out here who identifies as this, good goddamn job. Anyone who thinks of a way to make this longer, hit me up.

Edit: One thing I didnt consider is that to be transmasculine you have to be born a girl. If you were born a guy, transfeminine is 13 characters, making the total 65.

Edit 2: You can also add Intersex and Nonbinary to the Gender portion, making the total +17 = 83

Edited by whatistheromance
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, Neon said:

Some people are intersex but assigned female at birth and identify as a trans guy, you can add intersex on there, and if they're polyamourous, then that can be added as well.

you can also make a nonbinary transmasculine intersex person out of it, as transmasculine people can be but don't necessary have to be male

and as nonbinary can be both; a specific gender identity or an umbrella term, we could even make it a nonbinary transmasculine genderfluid intersex person and then add the romantic/sexual/other orientation(s)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Acecream said:

you can also make a nonbinary transmasculine intersex person out of it, as transmasculine people can be but don't necessary have to be male

and as nonbinary can be both; a specific gender identity or an umbrella term, we could even make it a nonbinary transmasculine genderfluid intersex person and then add the romantic/sexual/other orientation(s)

Ahh, ok, so what would the full thing be if that was added?

1 hour ago, whatistheromance said:

Ahh, ok, so what would the full thing be if that was added?

Transmasculine Intersex Non-binary Desinoromantic Ceteroromantic Gray-asexual Ceterosexual Ceteroplatonic = 98 characters

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Transmasculine is a term that includes trans men as well as nonbinary people who identify as masculine, right? So in theory, couldn't you also add another gender label on top of that? Or am I wrong about transmasc being an umbrella term? Sorry if I am. 

Also you could spell out transgender masculine.

Edit: Oh some people already mentioned you could add nonbinary on top of that. 

Edited by Procrastinating
  • Like 1

Maybe you can still insert aroflux, aceflux or genderflux somewhere? If it means romantic/sexual orientation or gender are fluctuating, it should be combinable with other labels.

Btw, aroflux aceflux genderflux is the best...😄

Aro Ace Gender

TRIPLE 🌩️ FLUX

Energy

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 11/23/2022 at 1:29 PM, whatistheromance said:

Next up, romantic orientation. The longest one is Desinoromantic, at 14 characters

Platoniromantic, 15 characters. I describe myself as pan-platoniromantic, you could insert a longer prefix like cetero in front to make it 21 characters. You could also describe yourself as an aromantic platoniromantic (depending on how you view things, but I tend to say I am). So, aromantic ceteroromantic platoniromantic = 38 characters

So...

Transgender masculine intersex nonbinary genderfluid genderflux aromantic ceteroromantic platoniromantic gray-asexual ceterosexual aceflux = (let me paste this into google docs and have it count the characters for me) 138 characters including spaces, 127 excluding

And then you can add on things like platonic, sensual, emotional, aesthetic, intellectual, alterous, etc, finding the longest prefixes to put in front of those, but I'm not going to type that all out

Edited by AstrophelDragon

since this person in nb and ceteroromantic, they can also call themself "enbian" or nblnb, and since platoniromantic is under the umbrella term "quoiromantic":

Transgender masculine intersex nonbinary genderfluid genderflux aromantic quoiromantic platoniromantic ceteroromantic gray-asexual ceterosexual aceflux enbian (145 characters)

• Like 1