Places where it is believed visiting you will get something romantic in return

Maryland

I went to the trevi fountain yesterday in Rome and it was packed (no surprise) and when I was there, y’know that sorta legend or something like that where if you throw one coin you will come back to Rome, 2 you will find love in Rome and 3 you will marry that love in Rome. 
well my introverted self felt obligated to throw 2 coins in, because everyone else did needless to say not even 30 minutes after that, this maybe 15 y/o starts hitting on me. (I’m turning 15 in 10 days)  

she spoke French and I’m learning it. Anyways I said I wasn’t interested, and Oml I felt so bad, she started crying and- 

needless to say. One of my friends said that I was a jerk. But I tried saying to my friend I was Aroace in the most casual way possible. 

Anywho, when I was leaving with my friend there comes a full on engagement in front of the fountain. 

But it’s weird places like those exist and that legend thing came true.

man that day was crazy.

Edited by ArrowAce
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, ArrowAce said:

Anyways I said I wasn’t interested, and Oml I felt so bad, she started crying and- 

needless to say. One of my friends said that I was a jerk. But I tried saying to my friend I was Aroace in the most casual way possible. 

You are not a jerk! You were being honest and that is the best thing to do because lying will only hurt more.

As to your question, the first place that comes to mind is one of those ‘tunnel of love’ things you see at carnivals. I remember being really confused by those things as a kid, why would people spend money to kiss someone in the dark?

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Nix said:

As to your question, the first place that comes to mind is one of those ‘tunnel of love’ things you see at carnivals. I remember being really confused by those things as a kid, why would people spend money to kiss someone in the dark?

I know exactly, I thought it was dumb because you can’t even see them. Legit you can do that anywhere. Why pay money lmao

• Like 1

The one that springs to mind for me is the bridges where people put locks on them. 

I remember being in paris one afternoon near one of the more popular areas and there were couples putting up locks. About an hour later I walk back past to see this burly Parisian guy with a pair of bolt cutters chopping a load of them off, which doesn't seem like it bodes well for the relationship.

• Haha 6

45 minutes ago, roboticanary said:

The one that springs to mind for me is the bridges where people put locks on them. 

I remember being in paris one afternoon near one of the more popular areas and there were couples putting up locks. About an hour later I walk back past to see this burly Parisian guy with a pair of bolt cutters chopping a load of them off, which doesn't seem like it bodes well for the relationship.

That is hilarious. I couldn’t get this image out of my mind of an anti-cupid, who is some sort of dark cupid/Wario character mashup carrying bolt cutters so I had to draw something silly:

D512C710-66FF-413D-BE51-1D2AA8CC474A.png.df37b9155f4b769862ae0d2e9000acf5.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, roboticanary said:

About an hour later I walk back past to see this burly Parisian guy with a pair of bolt cutters chopping a load of them off, which doesn't seem like it bodes well for the relationship.

For whatever reasons romantic love has this tendency to give rise to completely ridiculous and utterly pointless traditions that also harm the environment.

3 hours ago, Nix said:

That is hilarious. I couldn’t get this image out of my mind of an anti-cupid, who is some sort of dark cupid/Wario character mashup carrying bolt cutters so I had to draw something silly:

I'd like to see the employment ad... "Lock Cutter (female / male / diverse). Employer: Municipal Works of Paris. Description: All over the world our city of Paris is known as the capital of love. But this reputation comes with some costs..."

11 hours ago, ArrowAce said:

well my introverted self felt obligated to throw 2 coins in, because everyone else did needless to say not even 30 minutes after that, this maybe 15 y/o starts hitting on me. (I’m turning 15 in 10 days)  

she spoke French and I’m learning it. Anyways I said I wasn’t interested, and Oml I felt so bad, she started crying and- 

Yeah, that's absurd. I mean... what? Some stranger doesn't reciprocate your romantic advances? And then the right reaction is  ... crying? Even for a 15 y/o I find this highly immature... anyway, it's always interesting to learn what kind of crazy people really exist. I'm a "good bit older" but it never happened to me that someone started crying just because I shot down their attempts. How uncomfortable this must be...

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Nix said:

D512C710-66FF-413D-BE51-1D2AA8CC474A.png.df37b9155f4b769862ae0d2e9000acf5.png

Haha I love it. It can be our avatar.

From what I've heard cities remove locks from bridges because if too many people put the locks on some the combined weight will be too much strain on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Nix said:

I couldn’t get this image out of my mind of an anti-cupid, who is some sort of dark cupid/Wario character mashup carrying bolt cutters so I had to draw something silly:

Wow. That picture is fantastic.

3 hours ago, Holmbo said:

From what I've heard cities remove locks from bridges because if too many people put the locks on some the combined weight will be too much strain on it.

That's what I heard too. Especially for fairly small pedestrian bridges that can get a lot of metal locks hanging from them.

• Thanks 1

On 7/9/2022 at 9:09 AM, roboticanary said:

About an hour later I walk back past to see this burly Parisian guy with a pair of bolt cutters chopping a load of them off, which doesn't seem like it bodes well for the relationship.

Oh that was just me. Gotta keep those locks from weighing down the bridge too much.

Jokes aside, that's hilarious and I aspire to have the same energy as that guy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/9/2022 at 2:35 PM, Nix said:

I know exactly, I thought it was dumb because you can’t even see them. Legit you can do that anywhere. Why pay money lmao

1 hour ago, dewy said:

Jokes aside, that's hilarious and I aspire to have the same energy as that guy.

Shame I’m not heading to Paris, but I got nice within the next 24 hours. Might pick up some bolt cutters. I gotta get a video lol.

• Haha 3

On 7/10/2022 at 7:42 PM, ArrowAce said:

Shame I’m not heading to Paris, but I got nice within the next 24 hours. Might pick up some bolt cutters. I gotta get a video lol.

So I couldn’t do it in nice. I was in Cannes and Avignon. Someone did leave  like a luggage lock on a  bridge and i decided to try unlocking it, and what do you know. It was still in the combination.

so I unlocked it. And left it there.

• Like 2

On 7/9/2022 at 3:09 PM, roboticanary said:

Idealism vs. pragmaticism. Now that I love.

• Like 1

When I visited Prague a few years ago, I also witnessed this extremely dumb and inexcusable tradition of putting on "love padlocks", mainly on the Charles' Bridge.

Sorry, but ... I just hate this soooooo much... We make fun of it, but OTOH there really is no excuse for this inanity. Those locks actually cause long-term structural damage to historical buildings. And for what?? As if the stability of those romantic relationships would in any way depend on those ridiculous and harmful theatrics.

• Like 5

I don't think we have any of that where I live (all aros come to Orange County) the closest thing we have to that is the beach.  Lots of people like to get married on the beach.  But going to the beach doesn't mean you'll fall in love or anything weird like that.  This is why the beach should be part of aro culture.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...