Vent space for remain voters

Guest ad-ARO-ble

Guest ad-ARO-ble

1 hour ago, Lynx said:

On the plus side, I've never seen so many people consider platonic marriages.

By the way, if anyone in Europe is tired of being asked "when are you going to get married?"....

Guest ad-ARO-ble
3 minutes ago, DannyFenton123 said:

This is not good. Not good at all :( 

Please don't tell me that there are going to be dying hedgehogs and giant spiders next.

5 hours ago, Lynx said:

On the plus side, I've never seen so many people consider platonic marriages.

Can you explain this to an ignorant American like me. :)

Sorry to all the remain supporters. I can't see this as being a good thing for the world in general. People in America want to basically close down immigration, especially for Muslims or Latinos. The isolationism is spreading world wide and it's sad.

I think the most alarming thing about this is that both Northern Ireland and Scotland voted to remain in the EU. However because England has more people, the entire of the UK is leaving the EU. If Britain used a double majority system for this referendum (like how Australia does referendums), it would not have passed because half the countries voted to remain. It just seems ludicrous that England thinks that because they're bigger than the other countries in the UK, that means that every country in the UK has to follow along with them regardless how they feel.

2 hours ago, Blue Phoenix Ace said:

Can you explain this to an ignorant American like me. :)

Sorry to all the remain supporters. I can't see this as being a good thing for the world in general. People in America want to basically close down immigration, especially for Muslims or Latinos. The isolationism is spreading world wide and it's sad.

Ah! Maybe it's just because I know so many EU citizens who've come over, but I have many British friends who are talking about forming marriages of convenience with them as a ticket back into the EU. Not particularly serious, but I'm still enjoying the discussions. Myself, I'm waiting for Scotland to hold its inevitable referendum, break away and push its way back into the EU, as I'm certain I would get dual citizenship under whatever rules they decide and continue my dream of country hopping.

The other half are taking a sudden interest in their Irish ancestry. You know you only need one Irish-born grandparent to be able to apply?

Yeah Scotland was 60% remain, so I don't doubt there will be some kind of split of the UK into its constituent countries, or at least a push towards it. Might we see a split of Ireland into north and south Ireland, along with a merger of south Ireland to Britain? These thoughts make my head spin.

The GBP is losing it's value in a hurry, and my retirement savings are taking a dive. I think the world economy is going to take a huge blow from this. If England leaves the EU, that might encourage other countries to leave the EU as well. Ugh...

26 minutes ago, Blue Phoenix Ace said:

The GBP is losing it's value in a hurry, and my retirement savings are taking a dive.

:hugs:

Fortunately, I had no £s left, but I yet need to guess the right moment to sell my €s too.

*loud screaming*

I didn't vote 'cause I can't, but I was very much hoping for remain. The huge toll it's taken on the economy, both for us and worldwide, the domino effect it's having on the rest of the EU and how many other countries want to leave, and the huge surge in racist attacks... It's all too much. Really disappointed in my country right now.

Also, Scotland's probably gonna have another referendum and leave the UK. Which sucks, 'cause we really needed them to balance out all the tory MPs...

Archived