Little aro grumbles

roboticanary

I wonder if anyone else has little stories where you remember just how annoying romance can be.

Back last year my parents visited me one weekend which happened to be the weekend of valentines day. 

I had planned to go for a meal out at a place which I knew had a really good friday buffet, I was preparing to eat so much I couldn't move and be rolled home like a cheese wheel.

Got there and there was no buffet. I asked the guy and was told they decided not to do them on valentines day.☹️

Apparently a buffet is not romantic so fearing people wouldn't go there they switched to their usual set meals.

• Sad 5
  • Angry 1

• 3 weeks later...

I remember when a coworker wrote to me on messenger that he was dreaming about me, and then i had the thought that he might be in love with me(i don’t know if it was the case). So i blocked him and i’m glad that i did it! I don’t understand how someone can fall in love or dream of me!

Oh no, that is tragic indeed. I hope you were able to go back and enjoy the buffet another time!

I've had a few moments with a certain couple (two friends) who would get so into their flirting even when I was there. One time I invited them for dinner at my place. They were getting so lovey-dovey at some point and then they asked ME to leave to give them privacy. AT MY PLACE. Leave my own place for them, really? I was like, just go home then. It was really annoying. 

• Angry 8

• 3 weeks later...

I love my friends and I wish all the best for them, of course. And I’m happy about their love life. 

it’s just that I do relate a lot to what you’re all writing about in this thread - about romance being very annoying sometimes ? 

I remember one time when me and another friend met up with a third friend. I don’t know that third friend very well so that might be the reason for this too….. but I remember so strongly how all our conversation was about them talking about one of them being in love and her new boyfriend. I was so angry about that , and of course I can understand why that third person only wanted to ask her about her new boyfriend - they’re probably more close friends and so on. It’s just that it hit a tender spot inside of me I guess - hidden aromantic spot ?. Amatonormativity is so strong, that every conversation seems to be about romance and love interests, what’s interesting about a person is about what’s going on in their love life? 

I remember that moment because it really hit me in that tender spot. Amatonormativity is so erasing, I’ve often felt so completely invisible because nothing romance related is happening in my life. 

(I’m not angry with those persons, I’m just annoyed with amatonormativity. ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Once I was hanging at Disneyland with a friend and her ex, and my friend literally agreed to go home with her ex even though we both knew he was a piece of shit.  My Mom was naive enough to be ok with it because "the parents would be home".

Not that that ever stopped my first girlfriend and I from fucking in the past xD

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Movies/novels/etc. where the main plotline is about nothing but romance. It's fine if it's a sort of side goal, but I'd quickly become disconnected with the plot if it's only about romance. I get that allo's really like that kinda stuff, but come on just let me have this one book ;-;

Also I really don't like when the main protagonists just randomly confess their love for each other when they are about to get killed or some other really bad thing is about to happen. First do your job, then get to the lovey stuff so I can fast-forward/page skim, thank you very much.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, MaikeruSapphire said:

Also I really don't like when the main protagonists just randomly confess their love for each other when they are about to get killed or some other really bad thing is about to happen. First do your job, then get to the lovey stuff so I can fast-forward/page skim, thank you very much.

I just thought about the scene where Elizabeth and Will Turner get married in a middle of a sword fight.

I know the idea is "now or never", but... come on. Priorities. 

• Like 2