The “happy to be aromantic” thread

Acecream

The Moment i found about found about the aromanticism made me really happy cause my third own forced relationship just felt wrong and didn't make me happy so i broke up and first i had the feeling something is wrong with me but than i found all about the aromanticism and i could identify with it 

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

I just love how being aro affects the way I see society and how I want to be and to live around people. I love how much I learned by questioning all the social norms the alloromantic society made up

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I was watching a reportage about feminism and when a woman described her abusive relationship worh her boyfriend, I just realized how lucky I was cause that will never happen to me. Of course I'm not immune to sexism, and I know that all men are not like this, but I just realized that not dating men means that there is a part of sexism tthatI am not at risk to experience. Of course there is intersectionality between sexism and amatonormativity, but I won't start to date a man, realize then that he is toxic, or violent, and being seen as responsible if I dare go to the police.

• Like 3

i feel like it's easier to just like

focus on things i enjoy rather than get caught up in romance and stuff

it just seems so consuming sometimes

Edited by EGGHEAD
  • Like 2

honestly from what ive seen of the crushes and relationships my friends have, it sounds like so much work and fluff and nonsense and im super happy that i do not have to deal with that kind of stuff. ive got more time to spend on things i actually care about!

• Like 2