Favourite Gen 7 Pokémon starter

Zema

Which is your favourite starter?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So they revealed the first evolution starters for Pokémon sun and moon the other day. And I was just wondering which one of the three that you guys like the best and why. If you haven't seen them then watch this.

My favourite starter by far is litten, because it is a cat which spits fireballs. How is that not awesome?

In order from most liked to least liked:

1. Rowlet

2. Popplio

3. Litten

100% getting Rowlet but I will protect Popplio with my life.

11 hours ago, Spud said:

Pokemon generations look more and more odd each year. I guess they ran out of ideas xD

I like Rowlet because owls are cool.

I lose a little bit of my soul every time I hear someone say Gamefreak is running out of ideas in regards to pokemon designs LMAO

I really like Rowlet because I love owls..... But damn it, I always preferred water types, I feel like I'm a betrayer :(

Not that I'm gonna be playing the game... I'd love a 3DS but I don't know how much I'd play it

1 hour ago, Simowl said:

I really like Rowlet because I love owls..... But damn it, I always preferred water types, I feel like I'm a betrayer :(

Not that I'm gonna be playing the game... I'd love a 3DS but I don't know how much I'd play it

My twin was always a water-type loyalist too, but the one pokemon to break that chain was Treeko. She's actually really tempted by Rowlet though, so I don't see anything too strange in a water-type fan liking the grass starter this time around!

I'm a fire-type loyalist, but my first starter was Bulbasaur, go figure. I'm still a bit torn, but I'm kind of curious to see how all of these pokemon will look when fully evolved. I remember that nobody in my friend circle was all that into Froakie until they saw Greninja, and I wonder if something similar will happen this gen. Although I'm kinda mixed on Litten, I could see the evolutionary line potentially being pretty cool.

It's funny, I've been getting the grass starter each generation since gen 4. Add to that that my favourite pokemon type is flying. Logic would tell you that I'd like rowlet the most. But I mean, litten is just too awesome.

2 hours ago, Namakemono said:

I lose a little bit of my soul every time I hear someone say Gamefreak is running out of ideas in regards to pokemon designs LMAO

But it's kind of true... some of their designs get ridiculous xD

They made an ice cream cone into a Pokemon!

2 hours ago, Spud said:

But it's kind of true... some of their designs get ridiculous xD

They made an ice cream cone into a Pokemon!

But it's like what dookieshed (he's a pokemon youtuber (sort of) if you didn't know), "Gamefreak aren't running out of ideas, but dumb ideas have always been around"

For me it's just a matter of whether the awesome ideas outweigh the dumb ones. People always make fun of the gen 5 pokemon, but gen 5 has some of the most awesome pokemon, I mean, just look at haxorus.

Back to the original poll... No one is showing Poppilo any love!

(I wish I could since I love water types normally, but he looks kind of odd.)

Edit: this was the 3333th post in Off Topic!

2 hours ago, Spud said:

Back to the original poll... No one is showing Poppilo any love!

(I wish I could since I love water types normally, but he looks kind of odd.)

Edit: this was the 3333th post in Off Topic!

My twin's boyfriend is super excited about Poppilo, and I'm really interested in the clown aesthetic the pokemon has going on. I also misread their pokedex entry and thought Poppilo was going to use static cling from rubber balls it plays with to create electric shocks. Still, I'd still love to see GameFreak play with the clown aesthetic in Poppilo's evolutions.

3 hours ago, Zemaddog said:

But it's like what dookieshed (he's a pokemon youtuber (sort of) if you didn't know), "Gamefreak aren't running out of ideas, but dumb ideas have always been around"

For me it's just a matter of whether the awesome ideas outweigh the dumb ones. People always make fun of the gen 5 pokemon, but gen 5 has some of the most awesome pokemon, I mean, just look at haxorus.

Completely agree with this! Each gen's pkmn has their ups and downs, but I find it kind of unfair to only callout the newer ones when they have plenty of intriguing trivia and lore attributed to them (See: The trivia section of any Pokemon's page on Bulbapedia). I mean, Vanillite's trivia is at least more expansive than, say, Geodude's. Not bad for an ice cream cone! Course, people can like what pokemon they want. I have no problem with it and am more than happy to celebrate someone's favorites! It's just a little community pet peeve of mine. :^)

--

Someone on tumblr hypothesized that the starters' theme is circus performers, similar to how Kalos' starters were based around RPG classes:

Chesnaught = Knight/warrior

Delphox = Mage

Greninja = Rouge/Ninja

So the new starters would be:

Rowlet = ringmaster

Popplio = Clown

Litten = Circus Lion

I'm completely on board with this!

28 minutes ago, Lynx said:

Bird orb has completely won my heart, and I hope the evolutions are just as great. I have no type loyalty.

BIRD ORB

1 hour ago, Lynx said:

Bird orb has completely won my heart, and I hope the evolutions are just as great. I have no type loyalty.

1 hour ago, omitef said:

BIRD ORB

I told my friend about "Bird Orb" and now he's going to get a rowlet and call it bird orb. It's so perfect for it.

Guest Apple Cake
On 12/5/2016 at 4:56 PM, Mezzo Forte said:

My twin was always a water-type loyalist too, but the one pokemon to break that chain was Treeko. She's actually really tempted by Rowlet though, so I don't see anything too strange in a water-type fan liking the grass starter this time around!

I always considered myself a water type loyalist, but then I realized I only pick the water type in Kanto, Sinnoh and Unova. As for Johto, Kalos and Alola, the little green pokemon have all my love. Just look at Rowlet! (But Popplio is super cute and deserves more love). And Hoenn... Torchic is so cute

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/12/2016 at 10:45 AM, Zemaddog said:

My favourite starter by far is litten, because it is a cat which spits fireballs. How is that not awesome?

Ditto :clapping: Also, the red stripes are stylish.

(Disclaimer: I've actually never played Pokémon myself, just one of my colleagues likes claydols and another likes psyducks so much that he's even named his small business after them. The worldwide obsession by the comical Pokémon creatures is such a hilarious cultural phenomenon :D)

I'm usually quite a fan of owls, but something about rowlet just rubs me the wrong way.

I'm a former fire loyalist, but I've been a water loyalist since my second playthrough of Soul Silver.

Also, Popplio looks so darn happy I get giddy just looking at him ^w^

tumblr_o81xh52f791r5m6zuo1_r1_540.gif

Archived