Lets make an aromantic moments compilation video!

Holmbo

I'm all into making fan videos at the moment and I've been thinking about all the discussions that are on this board about headcannon aromantic characters. I want to make a video with clips of different quotes from characters who feels aromantic, mostly video but we can add some song clips or audio book sound into it too. I only have two clips so far and one of them is... Barney from HIMYM, which is not the best representation. So I hope you'll help me collect more.

If you have some aro headcannon characters and some moment in mind when they say something that gives you extra aro feels (doesn't have to be about lack of romance, it could just be a sweat friendship scene or something else) write me the episode/movie/book and timestamp/page number and I'll try to find it and get it in there.

• Like 1

I don't know if it fit,  but last season Will from Stranger things give me strong aro vibes. But it's more him suffering because his friends are obsessed with girls than happy aromantic moments. Like him wanting to play D&D instead of dealing with girlfriend problems of his friends. And this scene where he's confronting Mike about how he doesn't care about their friendship any more now that he is dating Eleven. ?

For more happy moments, I'll try to find some things for the show Merlin. And also where I see the producers say Merlin will never date anyone.

I have also a scene in mind where Merlin says something like "imagine if she kisses you, it is disgusting".

There must have been a lot of his friendship with Arthur too (people view them as gay but I view them as a QPR; there's a lot of clips about that but I am just watching them to enjoy their friendship and never see romance in it lol).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nonmerci said:

I don't know if it fit,  but last season Will from Stranger things give me strong aro vibes. But it's more him suffering because his friends are obsessed with girls than happy aromantic moments. Like him wanting to play D&D instead of dealing with girlfriend problems of his friends. And this scene where he's confronting Mike about how he doesn't care about their friendship any more now that he is dating Eleven. ?

For more happy moments, I'll try to find some things for the show Merlin. And also where I see the producers say Merlin will never date anyone.

I have also a scene in mind where Merlin says something like "imagine if she kisses you, it is disgusting".

There must have been a lot of his friendship with Arthur too (people view them as gay but I view them as a QPR; there's a lot of clips about that but I am just watching them to enjoy their friendship and never see romance in it lol).

I think both of those would fit. It's good to have a mix of more positive and negative. If you tell me episode and time for a clip then I can add them.

For Merlin I don't have a specific episode in mind right now, it's been a while since I watch it though I sometimes watch clip on YouTube about it. I look for it tomorrow if I have time (that's an excellent excuse to rewatch the show, I loved it).

Anyway  I think all the show would work lol. As Merlin and Arthur has a strong friendship but it is never romantic (though a huge part of the fandom ship them of course). So I'll try to find things that are understandable without context.

For Stranger things, you have Will who wants to play D&D in season 3 episode 2, while his friends are obsessed with girls. And in 3X03, you have this fight scene betwenn Mike and Will :

• Like 1

A character I personally see as aromantic is Dean Winchester from the show Supernatural. Nothing has ever been confirmed, the fandom is just all about portaying and pushing him to be Bisexual and (of course ?) therefore biromantic, but he's got some good lines that just resonate with me. I don't know how you would see these, but I tried to find some examples:

Spoiler S11E04

DEAN: Piper? That's awesome. Heather. One-night wonders, man. Shoot, we're lucky we still get that at all.

SAM: Really? You don't . . . Ever want something more?

DEAN: I'm sorry, have you met us? We're batting a whopping zero in domestic life, man. Goose eggs.

SAM: You don't ever think about something? Not marriage or whatever. But . . . Something? You know, with a hunter? Somebody who understands the life?

DEAN: Have you not heard a single word Bob's been singing about? You're tired. I can tell. You're exhausted. Well, I'm still wired, so I'm gonna pull over, get some gas. You hop in the back, get some Z's 'cause, buddy, you earned 'em. Proud of ya! Piper. Mmm. Man, she smelled good, too.

Spoiler S5E11

DR. CARTWRIGHT: Okay. When was the last time you were in a long-term relationship?

DEAN: Define long-term.

DR. CARTWRIGHT: More than two months.

DEAN: Never.

Since I didn't want to go through the whole series again, these are just some snippets, but at least to me they are signs that Dean might be aromantic. At least I see him that way.

Maybe you could add those two as clips. Sadly I don't have any video material right now, nor do I have time stamps, so there might be some research involved on your side.

And, btw, best of luck for your video! I can't wait to see the results!

• Like 1

@nonmerci@Morgenfluss

Here's what I've got so far. I'll probably change around the order once I've got all the clips. The intro can be changed too, I didn't put much thought into it because I wanted to focus on the actual content.
I feel like it would also be good to have some shorter clips to disburse through it. Like a person leaning away from a kiss or something :D To up the tempo a little. If anyone have suggestions let me know

I rewatched it now myself and I'm gonna cut the Barney scene a bit. The Frozen scene also feels way to long compared to the other scenes, or what do you think?
There's also some scene that are cut too early, I had a bit of trouble hearing the sound while I was editing.

I agree that the Frozen scene may be a bit long, compare to the other. But I watched a lot of videos where the clips are short so it can influence me. Anyway I bring more clips, maybe you can find a balance between long and short clips. 

Here's a scene with Gipsy, a secondary character from the show Flash, that i canon as aromantic allosexual. She breaks up with him because she wasn't in love even if Cisco was a perfect guy, and what she says really makes me think of what an aromantic who's not aware of aromanticism would say. (I would suggest to cut after Cisco says Nothing is wrong with her).

Also, for a larger part of the Spectrum, what about Sheldon Copper, that I see as demiromantic asexual. Season 6, episode 23 : "before I met you, I never had any interest in being intimate with anyone"

(but of course BBT has a huge problem, portraying aromanticism and asexuality as abnormal, and demiromanticism as some kind of cure; I think he even says in an episode that Amy cured him… and let's not tlk about how the producers insist that he is not asexual while he has all this lines saying he is, including in season 1, I'm tying to find which episode, where his friends literrally say he is not into any genre (before making a stupid joke about reproduction)).

Also, I find this on tv tropes :

Oberyn: You did like boys? Before?
Varys: [shakes head]
Oberyn: Really? Girls? Hmm. I hope you won't be offended when I say I never would have guessed.
Varys: Not at all. But I was never interested in girls, either.
Oberyn: What then?
Varys: Nothing.
Oberyn: Everybody is interested in something.
Varys: Not me.

I Don't know if you can extract Something from another video (my competence in editing are zero, did I say that?), but at 6.40 you have the scene I was talking about in the show Merlin. (this is very short)

For things about friendship, there is this where both of them are debating to know who will drink the poison gobelet to save the other (in fact no one actually dies but I like that they are both ready to sacrifice themselves for each other).

And one of my favourite scene.

(Do I love Merlin? I Don't see what makes you think that lol of course don't take everything, just what you like)

Also, I never really Watch, but I know a lot of peaople see Doctor Who as aromantic.

• Like 1

@nonmerci I've decided to cut the frozen clip entirely. It doesn't work if you don't know the context of the movie, which I'm sure 99% does, but still.

I'll take the kissing scene discussion from Merlin. good suggestion. I can download from youtube (altough I had troubble with one clip before) but the clips there tend to be lower resolution so I try to get the originals if I can.

@Ettina Sounds great! I need suggestion of one scene though. Or are you expecting me to watch all of deep space nine until I find a good moment? ;)

Yes, sometimes it's hard to understand without context.

I don't have the original video from Merlin saddly, and I did'nt find it in a video on it's own. Too bad I love this scene lol. I hope it will be watchable anyway.

You'll show us the video when you'll finish it?

This was mentioned in the other discussion on the site about aro headcanons but I don't see it here. So I'm putting forth, Ruby Rose from RWBY as Aromantic. The evidence below should be enough to make my case. 

https://ytcropper.com/cropped/mj5ddefdbae161e

Long story short. Ruby is completely clueless to all things romantic. 

https://ytcropper.com/cropped/sL5ddeffd03e797

Here's another video of Ruby being a dork which is also kind of aromantic if you ask me. 

I decided to finish it now since I'd set a soft deadline to be done by the end of November.
Some of the audio is a bit wonky but I thought it'd be better to include all the clips than to skip those I couldn't get to work right.

Well, I had to check the maths.

Assuming he dropped 10 petals into the hat for a 10 digit phone number, that would make 10x9x8x7x6x5x4x3x2 possible permutations, which is (approximately) 3.6 million, like she said ?

But if some of the digits were the same it would be less than that, so her statement is a bit imprecise in the sense that she only gave an upper bound on the permutations that result in a distinct number, which is what's relevant here ?

• Haha 2

On 11/30/2019 at 7:53 AM, Holmbo said:

@Emerald Cheetah I can't get the clips to download. If you get me the episode number I'll get them directly from there instead.

Oh! Of course. Sorry about that.

The first one is from Volume 2 Chapter 3. (time stamp=3:18-3:42)

The second one is from Volume 1 Chapter 2 (time stamp=1:11-1:41)

The episodes can be found on YouTube or the Roosterteeth website. Though I'd recommend YouTube since it's just easier to use. 

On 12/2/2019 at 4:40 AM, Emerald Cheetah said:

Oh! Of course. Sorry about that.

The first one is from Volume 2 Chapter 3. (time stamp=3:18-3:42)

The second one is from Volume 1 Chapter 2 (time stamp=1:11-1:41)

The episodes can be found on YouTube or the Roosterteeth website. Though I'd recommend YouTube since it's just easier to use. 

I'm sorry, I already finished it.

But as I posted above, if there are enough suggestions to fill a new compilation I might make a volume two.