Aromantic friendships survey

Hey there everyone,

Here is the link to a survey I made

It's about aromantic opinions on freindships. This includes how our opinions may differ from those of alloromantics, whether many of us have freindships with each other, and our opinions on the attitudes of our alloromantic friends towards us. I would be really grateful if even a few of you would complete the survey since I feel our little community could always do with more research, even if its on a very causal scale, and this is a topic I'm personally interested in. If you are aplatonic, or believe you have typical views on relationships, please consider still taking the survey so that the results are representative of our community as a whole and not just those who might be more interested in sharing their views on freindships. This survey is open to anyone on the aromantic spectrum. I will most likely post results to this site when there are enough responses.

edit: the results of the survey can be found here. I will hopefully be holding more in the future.

1 minute ago, Just like Jughead said:

You have to have an account to take the survey? That’s probably going to keep a lot of people from taking it. It prevented me. 

^^^^ It won't even let me just sign in with Google, I have to actually make an account. I'd love to take the survey, but is there an option to make it public?

12 minutes ago, Just like Jughead said:

You have to have an account to take the survey? That’s probably going to keep a lot of people from taking it. It prevented me. 

10 minutes ago, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

^^^^ It won't even let me just sign in with Google, I have to actually make an account. I'd love to take the survey, but is there an option to make it public?

eurgh sorry guys. I was having this issue earlier but I had though I'd fixed it since a friend was able to take the survey with no issue. I'll try and get it working again and edit the link I have no idea why it's asking for an account again.

edit: should be working again now. 

Done! Although I'd like to add, on the "do you have aro friends" question, there should be an option for "I have a few arospec friends, but most of my friends are alloromantic". I put down that I know other aros, but aren't friends with them, when actually I have at least two aro friends. (I mean they're all online relationships and all of my closest friends both online and offline are allo, but still)

1 minute ago, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

Done! Although I'd like to add, on the "do you have aro friends" question, there should be an option for "I have a few arospec friends, but most of my friends are alloromantic". I put down that I know other aros, but aren't friends with them, when actually I have at least two aro friends. (I mean they're all online relationships and all of my closest friends both online and offline are allo, but still)

sorry about that, I'll add that option.

25 minutes ago, Cavalier080854 said:

I took the census, but got no response. Was there meant to be or were we just answering questions for info ?

There was not meant to be a response, don’t worry. As I said I will post the results here when there are enough of them. (I would give a more concrete date but I haven’t done anything like this before so I’ll have to play it by ear)

On 23/03/2018 at 12:36 AM, arokaladin said:

There was not meant to be a response, don’t worry. As I said I will post the results here when there are enough of them. (I would give a more concrete date but I haven’t done anything like this before so I’ll have to play it by ear)

OK , thanks for the info. Do you have an idea when the results are in, are you waiting for enough responses, or enough time has past ?

It says it's closed for me as well. I'm actually pretty interested in taking this and seeing the results. Can you host it somewhere else maybe? Google has a surveys feature I think.

Archived