Swearing Poll (WARNING: Swearing and Course Language) NSFW

Apathetic Echidna

Swearing Poll (WARNING: Swearing and Course Language) NSFW  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was recently told (quite rudely) that I should use 'common swears' when swearing. I live around a fair number of teachers so technically the most common swear I hear is 'sugar'. I am wondering what is common amongst the users as a bit of fun, and if you have anything weird in your vocabulary. 

I am sort of hoping people laugh at this. Yet it helps us get to know a tiny bit about what sort of people are in this community

These are not insults, but rather stubbed-toe type exclamations I am looking for. This is all for a bit of fun, and I read the TOS and it didn't mention 'appropriate site vocabulary' beyond banning derogatory/discrimination terms and member direct insults, so don't do those here! (even if you do select option 12 on the first question, keep it to yourself)

Feel free to comment, maybe to share, maybe to explain why you chose 'Other', maybe to laugh at my category system or even maybe to tell me how terrible this is and how it doesn't add anything to the community. 

If you were wondering, the swear I was told off for using was 'Pissing Biscuits' as an exclamation. 

Which makes me a Strange and Unusual, Abstract Verbal Painter, Conjoining -Ing, Anatomist, Always in Vain, Teacher (Level 2)

I don't swear much but pretty much every time I do it is a Conjoining -Ing or Strange and Unusual (or kid safe when kids are present.) 

I normally swear as an exclamation (shit normally), but I use shiz, frig, and heck when talking to people. I wasn't sure which category the heck/frig/shiz sayings were. They're not the same as fudge and sugar, but they're still not real swears. 

18 hours ago, IceHurricane said:

heck

I have a friend who uses this as their 'WORST!' word. also anything physical contact for pleasure is given the euphemism 'this and that'. I believe there has been some excessive anime and manga consumption when they were learning English. 

~ I can't believe I forgot about heck though. I probably missed heaps of things -_-

• 2 weeks later...

I swear quite often. Not around children, not at people (unless it's with my friends, that's just us) and usually swear words don't just slip, I can control what I say. I don't think swearing is inherently rude or disrespectful, you just don't need to be disrespectful with it. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Frequently I'll avoid using non-family-friendly words even when I'm quoting someone else, but I might be ok with swearing once in awhile in front of close friends (or my mother for some reason), when it seems appropriate for the situation. I think fake swears can be far more interesting than actual swear words anyways. Some of my favorites are "Holy muffins", "What the fidget spinner?" and "Son of a motherless goat". Although I also sometimes use more common not-exactly-swears like "heck" or "frickin".

Archived