Jump to content

Have you ever tried meeting people online for cuddles?


Eklinaar
 Share

Recommended Posts

Has anyone tried meeting cuddle buddies online?  There are a few ways to do this.  There's https://www.cuddlecomfort.com, which is like a dating site but specifically for cuddles.  I've never used it and don't know anyone who has.  There are also a couple subreddits for this purpose, but I have little faith in Reddit, and nobody in my area uses those subreddits anyway.  A few years ago, I tried to do it on OKCupid, but people are (understandably) skeptical of older men on dating sites who say they don't want sex, so I never got any interest.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Eklinaar said:

Has anyone tried meeting cuddle buddies online?  There are a few ways to do this.  There's https://www.cuddlecomfort.com, which is like a dating site but specifically for cuddles.  I've never used it and don't know anyone who has.

I looked at this.
As is all too common with these kind of sites it only allows for binary gender.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Honestly, I've found craigslist works the best for finding people. You set the parameters of what you're specificially looking for, and it's fairly easy to weed out the creeps/people who totally missed the point. I live in a fairly remote/small community, and consistently see people just looking for cuddle buddies on CL. It's actually how I met my (very compatible) FWB. 

 

Naturally, you just use common sense/online safety strategies when you're meeting up with someone - and reiterate specific boundaries once you do. Good luck! :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ladyasym said:

Honestly, I've found craigslist works the best for finding people. You set the parameters of what you're specificially looking for, and it's fairly easy to weed out the creeps/people who totally missed the point. I live in a fairly remote/small community, and consistently see people just looking for cuddle buddies on CL. It's actually how I met my (very compatible) FWB. 

 

Naturally, you just use common sense/online safety strategies when you're meeting up with someone - and reiterate specific boundaries once you do. Good luck! :)

 

Where I live, the relationships side of Craigslist is super creepy, and everyone uses Match.com and OKCupid instead.  But everyone on those sites is either very amatonormative or just looking for casual sex.  I think the city I live in is just mostly affluent suburbanites who want to live the storybook American dream and aren't interested in challenging assumptions or exploring queerness.  Even the queer people here want white picket fences and obscenely large cars and Happily Ever After.  I really should move to a more cosmopolitan place.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Eklinaar said:

 

Where I live, the relationships side of Craigslist is super creepy, and everyone uses Match.com and OKCupid instead.  But everyone on those sites is either very amatonormative or just looking for casual sex.  I think the city I live in is just mostly affluent suburbanites who want to live the storybook American dream and aren't interested in challenging assumptions or exploring queerness.  Even the queer people here want white picket fences and obscenely large cars and Happily Ever After.  I really should move to a more cosmopolitan place.

 

I'm sorry to hear that! Tbh though, I think CL is creepy everywhere, and it still might be worth a shot to write a post (the 'casual encounters' section usually works the best for some reason) about what you're looking for. Chances are that you aren't the only person out there (though it might seem like it, especially with the norm being so...'normal') looking for cuddles-and-nothing-else-please. :)

 

*also only promoting this if you're over 18. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, ladyasym said:

Honestly, I've found craigslist works the best for finding people. You set the parameters of what you're specificially looking for, and it's fairly easy to weed out the creeps/people who totally missed the point.

I had a brief look at craigslist. But found the personals section was full of the likes of w4m, m4w, mw4mw, etc type tags. Really far too (binary) gendered for me to feel comfortable.

 

9 hours ago, Eklinaar said:

Where I live, the relationships side of Craigslist is super creepy, and everyone uses Match.com and OKCupid instead.

I couldn't even find a way to use match,com the signup page seems only to handle binary monosexuals. With all of the four options being wrong for me.

 

9 hours ago, Eklinaar said:

But everyone on those sites is either very amatonormative or just looking for casual sex.

I wouldn't be against the latter, though in practice, those seeking it tend to be looking mostly for AFAB people.

 

9 hours ago, Eklinaar said:

Even the queer people here want white picket fences and obscenely large cars and Happily Ever After.

Get a sense of this too.
On one hand I feel "not queer enough": no body mods such as tattoos or peiercings; conservative dress style; undyed hair; etc.
On the other hand I can feel "too queer": gender queer; aromantic; pansexual; wouldn't touch amantonormativity, monogamy or the "white picket fences" lifestyle if I was paid to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Mark said:

I had a brief look at craigslist. But found the personals section was full of the likes of w4m, m4w, mw4mw, etc type tags. Really far too (binary) gendered for me to feel comfortable.

 

Yeah, it's definitely a problem for sure. :/ Someone needs to create an inclusive make-a-connection-of-any-kind web site. Why is the world like this??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I only just found out about this yesterday, but maybe look for 'professional cuddlers' in the professional or services section. 

Apparently you can get training and diplomas and everything to become a professional. Just a quick search came up with lots 

http://thesnugglebuddies.com

https://cuddlist.com

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/become-a-professional-cuddler

 

So you could look to see what is in your area, or train to be one and then you can cuddle everyone and get paid for it. The article I read though the cuddler mentioned that most of her clients are divorced middle aged men who are looking for a 'motherly' cuddler. You can build up a professional relationship if you use the same cuddler all the time, so it isn't like cuddling a stranger in a cuddle/hug group session. I know it is still probably not what you were looking for but now the info is here if anyone wants it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...