Internet squishes?

Have you ever had a squish on someone who you know only from the internet?

In February I started to write a roleplay with one guy who had found me on a Q&A website. He's 2 years older than me, lives in a city 250 km (155 miles) far from mine, we have similar hobbies,  he's funny, smart, talented and I like him a lot, even though I don't really know him, I don't even know how does he look like. We talk mostly about our roleplay but I want to know him better, talk about other stuff, like our interests, school, plans for future and generally, what's going on in our lives. Right now he's having his final exams so he's too busy to write, and I kinda miss him. Sometimes I imagine that he comes to my city, for example, to study at the university, and we meet in person, walk around the old town and chat. But on the other hand vision of meeting him in real life freaks me out.  Has anyone experienced something like this? Any thoughts on internet squishes or internet acquaintances in general?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

Two out of three of my squishes have been on people I only knew online. They were both really close friends. And I'm also really nervous about meeting them irl(which may actually happen with my current squish), but I'm just super nervous about everything.

Sort of, but it feels different from IRL. And it's only happened three or four times, while IRL squishes are more frequent. It's also always been one-sided and came from me reading the stuff they wrote. (I also had a squish on an author for her books, which felt the same way as online squishes.)

Yes, a long time ago, back in high school when I first joined AVEN and started spending a lot of time there. Both of us just kept on making extremely nerdy physics analogies in lots of threads, and eventually we started PMing back and forth and found that we had a lot in common (mostly because we were both giant math and physics nerds, and I didn't know all that many of those at that time because my high school was kind of lame). They were a year or two older than me, and went to my dream school, so I would often think about getting in there and being able to hang out with them all the time (spoiler alert: I didn't get in there, and wound up going somewhere else). They stopped going on AVEN all that regularly after a while, and I don't think they've logged in for a few years now. Sometimes I still wonder what happened to them.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived